November 25, 2011

Friday - Rainy, cold, with snow (that didn't stay)

Busy day!

This morning I got up around 9 am and got dressed. F was a bit impatient with me after a while, but he didn’t talk to me in the morning, try to wake me up or anything. He was just Mr. Cranky-pants. Why? He’d made an appointment for us to go to the doctor for a flu shot. He’s the person that tried to make the appointment for 9:00 am! As if! I’m in bed at that time and he knows it. I suggested 10 am and we were out the door at 9:52…arriving at the clinic a scant 15 minutes later. He was so upset, but no one at the clinic was. We got our shots and had to wait 30 minutes to see if we’d have any reaction. We didn’t. Yay.

We drove out to Sakata then, and had lunch at a Kappa-sushi. It was quite good, the restaurant wasn’t very crowded.

After lunch, we headed for the port area and I went to the Immigration Office. I made F stay in the car. All I wanted was a Re-Entry Permit and I thought that I could handle it myself. When F comes, we end up fighting, so I’d rather do it myself. It was a good call. The man in the office was younger and quite nice. He also knew a bit of English, so we got on rather well. Yay. I was out in about 10 minutes I think.

Since we didn’t have any plans for the afternoon we decided to do a little tourism in Sakata! We went to the famous Sankyo Soko warehouses. They are old rice warehouses. It was quite interesting actually. I enjoyed some of the craft work and also some of the tools they showed that were involved in rice-growing.

We came home via the mall for a drink and a little shopping.

In a couple of hours we went out for dinner to Aki, the local okonomiyaki place. We had rather a nice dinner there. It took a while, but we had a good meal. When we finished we went to my school to set the heater and then we came home.

We had a quiet night in basically. I watched The Good Wife and enjoyed it. It is quite a neat show really. Usually the more labyrinthine a plot gets, the less I like it, but this one is still working on me.

Anyway, that’s about it for me. We had a good day, even though it didn’t start all that well. Tomorrow I have a couple of classes in the late afternoon. I hope that they go well. I’ll report in tomorrow night too. Night!

No comments: