November 7, 2012


Wednesday - Rainy with a few clear spots.

Call this the day of the jackhammer.  This morning the demolition guys knocking down the University Residence near my apartment used a jackhammer all day.  Even though I watched TV, I could still hear it ALL DAY LONG.  Argh.

I overslept this morning which really surprised me.  I think I have something set wrong on my cell phone and the alarms aren’t going off properly.  That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!

I got started on dinner fairly early.  I washed, peeled and cut up a lot of veggies, then put the two chicken breasts on top of the vegetables in my slow cooker.  I turned it on and basically forgot about it for the rest of the afternoon.

F phoned me early on to say he was going to take time off and take me to the doctor. Yay.  I got a few things done like wrapping up the box for my sister’s birthday present and then scanning the Postcrossing cards I was sending today.  F called an hour early to say he was on his way, so I quickly finished up the postcrossing stuff and got changed.

We went out to the doctor’s office and I got a bit more medicine and then waited for F to finish.  We went to the pharmacy, got our meds and then went to the post office.  I mailed my parcel and postcards, then we came home.

I served dinner very soon after we came home and it was nice.  We had chicken breasts with vegetables and a side salad each.  F wanted rice too but I suggested that we had a lot of potatoes and didn’t really need it.  F did the dishes after dinner. Yay.

The rest of the evening was fairly quiet.  We both did Postcrossing.  I’m at my limit now. Yay. It’s taken a while to get there.  I watched Castle on the couch and did a couple of rows of crochet which was lovely and relaxing.  After Castle I watched 15 minutes of Grey’s Anatomy and then changed the station to watch Black Narcissus.  Wow!  What an amazing movie.  Deborah Kerr was a great actress and the story was terribly interesting! It’s hard to believe that it was written by Rumor Godden, the same author that wrote one of my all time favourite books, Miss Happiness and Miss Flower.  I’d really like to see it again sometime when I can concentrate on it more.  F asked me a few questions about his cards during the film so I might have missed something.  

Anyway, that’s about it for me.  Tomorrow it might depend on the weather whether I’ll go out or not.  We’re been forecast for lots of rain this week  Yuck.  Got to run. Night!

No comments: