December 28, 2012


Friday - Sunny and warmer, slightly

A busy day.

I got up this morning and after a little bit of a slow start, got busy making soup.  I chopped, cut and boiled veggies for ages, and then took the chicken from our Christmas meal and took the meat off it.  I was busy. I had other plans too, but I was tired so didn’t do them!

F came home and was in a bit of a mood as he was in pain today.  I cooked dinner and while it was good, I think there was something missing in a way.  

F wanted to go out and mail some letters for work. I had a few postcards to mail out, so went with him.  After mailing things off, we went to Mr Donuts for a cup of something.  While we were there we started talking about health matters and the subject of my low-carb diet came up.  I don’t do low carb right now, but I used to and I loved it.  F complained that I was “cranky” when I was on it, but I don’t remember it that way. I remember someone else as being whiny and always complaining that I wouldn’t eat ramen or other Japanese high carb nutrient-deficient foods with him.  He got in another mood and was going to go on about it as he does, when I told him that he wasn’t going to change my mind and he should just stop now.  

We came home and he watched boxing. I really didn’t care. I just wanted to watch one program and that was on later.  I was “allowed” to watch my show and somewhere in the middle of it himself took off to bed.  

I hope this isn’t going to set the tone for this week.  We have 6 days to survive with each other and no plans at all.  Wish us luck.  Night.

3 comments:

Rosa said...

Hi Helen! Dave and I are in the same boat right now. He's been off work since the week before Christmas--and will be until after New Years. I love him, of course, but boy am I used to having more time to myself!

Can you escape to your school with a few good novels and your crochet work? Maybe tell F that you have to do some cleaning and organizing or some such nonsense? ;)

Helen said...

Hi Rosa! I am trying to do something like that. I've told him that I need a day over at my school to do a thorough cleaning. I don't even mind doing it on a day that he spends with his mother. The problem is that he often wants to "help" me. We are such different people, with such different methods that we end up fighting anyway and he storms off.

I really do need to do it, it isn't made up or anything! I keep my school pretty clean, but don't get to wash the curtains or dust the tops of the cupboards very often.

Thanks for visiting :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen,
Shovelling ice is hard work! I was glad of a bit of sunshine and a blue sky peaking through yesterday too. I fell out with my husband yesterday, seems to be a feature of national holidays for us. oh well! Hope today wasn't as long as you feared it might be. 0.0/*