December 29, 2012


Saturday - Clear and sunny

Not a great day again.

I got up this morning after my alarms went off.  F was in bed.  I got up and checked my email and then went back to bed.  F got up.  I fell back asleep.  When I finally woke up and got up, F was on the couch, headphones on, watching Ultimate Fighting and being a bit grumpy. 

I heated up some soup for myself, and then offered him some.  He refused, so I had two bowls of it myself, got dressed and asked him to drive me over to my school.  I wanted to shovel out my parking space on a nice day.  He grumbled a bit, but drove me over.  He said that his neck was really sore today. 

I got out of the car and went into my school, grabbed my snow equipment, got to the parking space, and there he was. He was already trying to break the ice.  He laughed at me for bringing plastic equipment, but that is all I had. He told me that I wouldn’t be able to do it.  I asked him to go home.  I knew that he was in pain and it wasn’t my intention today to make him work.  He drove off in a huff.  

I worked for quite a while and the got most of my space cleaned up.  There were a couple of corners covered with snow and ice, but I left them. I thought I’d come back out later, after the sun had done its work on them.  I cleared a lot of the path to the apartment building. I think I made a difference.  After that, I went into my school and did a bit of reading.  I didn’t work.  

Around 3:30 I went outside again and sure enough, the sun had loosened up some of the ice. I moved what I could.  There is still one corner under ice, but I can’t do anything with it.  I went back in to the school and got ready to go home.  I called F to ask him to pick me up.  No answer.  I left a message.  I waited 20 minutes and called again.  No answer. Left a message.  I decided to walk.  

Of course, by this time it was 4:30 and getting dark.  I set out and made fairly good time. I was lucky in that most of the sidewalks along the way were cleared, but there was still a lot of ice in other places.  

I got home and the door was barred.  I leaned on the doorbell rather a lot to get him to come and open the door.  I asked him if he had missed my calls or had just ignored them.  He had been sitting a meter from his phone and didn’t know I called.  

He went and had another nap.  I worked on my computer and tried to warm up.  Finally, around 8 I went and woke him up and suggested dinner.  We went to the pasta buffet place and had quite a nice dinner.  

Afterwards, we came home and he disappeared into the bedroom again and has been there ever since.  Sigh.  I watched a couple of TV shows and enjoyed them. Now I am watching the American Music Awards.  It’s sort of interesting, especially since I haven’t heard most of the songs before!  

Anyway, I should get out of here soon. I’m a bit tired and I have what could be a long day tomorrow.  Wish me luck.  Night. 

No comments: