March 18, 2013


Monday - Rainy

I got up this morning, watched a little TV and read the paper.  F called me during his lunch hour and asked if I'd like to eat lunch with him, so he brought us a couple of bento and we ate together.  It was quite nice.  

In the afternoon, I wrote another postcard and then scanned the ones I wrote. I'm sending off a nice bunch of cards today.

F came home and we relaxed and vegged for a while.  After 7 we went out, and went over to Cocos for dinner.  I had a new dish, which was okay, but not great.  After that, F drove me to my school and I set the heater for tomorrow, we bought groceries and then mailed off my postcards.  Yay.  

We came home and had a quiet night.  F set up the bread maker and I sewed the hem of his work pants.  It was a tad difficult as I didn't have matching thread.  I had to be as careful as possible so that no one could see the thread I used on the right side.  It wouldn't pass close inspection, but honestly, how many people are going to get that close to F's feet to check it?

F went to bed and I stayed up and watched Glee.  I was so happy to see Ricky Martin on the show.  He was as good looking as ever!

And that's about it for me.  I had a good day, quiet, but that's the way I like it.  Tomorrow I have an afternoon class and then I'll come home and cook dinner.  Catch me tomorrow to hear what I got up to.  Night!

2 comments:

Orchid64 said...

I hemmed black pants with red thread while I was in Japan. No one ever noticed. Thread is so thin and no one looks at your feet, as you said. You're a sport for hemming his pants (it's an odious duty in my opinion - I hate hemming pants!).

Helen said...

At least black pants and red thread are both darkish colours! His were light green pants and I only had black thread! I'm not a big fan of hemming either, but his original plan was to use iron on tape, and I'm not too confident about how long that would stay up!

Thanks for visiting :-)