May 30, 2014


Friday - Muggy, but hot and sunny

A good day.

I got up surprisingly early today…8 am and started on my soup.  When I woke up then, I was going to go back to sleep, but realized that if I got up then I could do many of the things I needed to do today without the time crunch. So I did.

I didn't expect to be peeling potatoes at 8:30 in the morning, and yet, there I was!  I prepped the veggies and even parboiled them, ditto the chicken, and threw them all in my slow cooker and just left them for the rest of the day!

I even managed to have my breakfast on the couch during Charmed today.  That was a nice break after making the soup.

In the afternoon, I scanned my cards and stamped them, then cycled off to the post office to mail them.  Before I left, I put on a new pair of pants.  My BFF and I each got a pair of summer calf length pants for $2:00 at a shop in Canada last year.  Today was the day that I first wore mine…and they were cool.  F didn't like them that much, but I did!

When I came back from the post office I swept the lobby and then came into the apartment.  F was quite late tonight, he got back after 6:30.  When he arrived I got dinner into gear.  I reheated the leftover curry from a couple of night's ago, served out the soup and we had a yummy meal.  I had curry over pasta again, plus salad, F had his over rice.  

He did the dishes and later on I washed my slow cooker.  We had a quiet evening in, it was nice.  F went to bed early, he has to be up early tomorrow morning to go to the dentist again.  

That's it for me really. It's been a quiet evening, but night.  Tomorrow I'm not sure what I'll get up to.  I do plan to be Sherlocked at 9:00 pm!  Got to go.  Night.

No comments: