May 14, 2015

Thursday - Sunny and warm, lovely day

Busy day!

I got up a little late this morning.  It was just too darn hard to get out of bed.  Still, I finally did it and tried to watch my TV show, but it wasn’t happening unfortunately.  The disruption was bad.

I was going to take a shower, but didn’t.  Around 12, F called to say that he was going to come home for lunch, did I want a bento too? I said no to the bento, but it was fine by me if F wanted to come home.  I did a bit of stuff on my computer while I watched Murder, She Wrote on TV.  

After F had left, I got into gear.  I cleaned our bedroom windows.  They have been really disgusting for a long time and I needed to get in and clean them.  I haven’t had time, and with the smelly chemicals that I’d need to clean them with, I needed to be able to leave the windows open.  I got most of the grossness cleaned off.  Tomorrow I am planning to take down the curtains and wash them.  I don’t think I’ll be able to hang them outside, but if I could that would be good.  I’ll have to try and vacuum the curtain tops I think as there’s about an inch of dust up there.  Sigh.  

Later on in the day I went out into the lobby of the apartment building and swept up the dust.  The kids leave the door open all the time and a lot of dust comes in there.  I started at the top and came down the stairs, it took a bit of time, but looked good for a bit.  I do feel a bit bad that I have only just done it for the first time, but we were away for Golden Week and then I’ve been sick ever since.  

When F came home we discussed going out for dinner.  I suggested a moderate Japanese restaurant and we agreed to go there.  However, when we arrived, it was closed.  Oh no.  Our second choice was closed too, so we went to a tonkatsu shop near the new drugstore.  It’s a little restaurant, with a solo cook and he makes great tonkatsu.  I never mind paying a little extra in his place, because it is good and it’s not a chain restaurant.  

After dinner, we went to the grocery store for …well, groceries of course, and I got a few things.  For tomorrow night we’re going to have frozen salmon meuniere, probably frozen veggies, and salad.

We had a quiet evening at home.  I watched House and Bones and a couple of other things, then F went to bed.  Both of us have been coughing a lot tonight.  I’m hoping it isn’t from the chemical stuff I had to use to clean the window sill and the walls with.  


That’s about it for me.  I’m tired again and would really like some sleep, so I’m off to bed.  Come back tomorrow and see if I finish the windows or not.  I hope I do, but you’ll find out tomorrow….

No comments: