January 12, 2018

Friday - Warmer and sunny, some snow

A good day.

F got up this morning to go to work. I was up with him too for a few minutes but soon went back to bed for a longer snooze.  When I woke up again I had to check that he had left, I half thought he was still in the room!

After I thoroughly woke up I had some coffee for a change with my NCIS: LA.  I went downstairs to get breakfast and brought it up to the room.  I had some granola with chocolate and dried strawberries in it, very delicious. I did a bit of tidying up today, I can’t say the room didn’t need it.  I moved some of my stuff, tossed a little and generally made more room.  Yay.  

Around 1 pm I went downstairs and said hello to K.  I went out and did a bit of snow shovelling again. It wasn’t as bad as yesterday, but the snow was more packed today and the snow plough had gone through again and blocked our driveway slightly.  I did the bit around the house first and then cleared the driveway and the parking space. I didn’t clear away all of the snow, but I did clear a goodly portion of it.  Just as I was about to go in, K came out and wanted me to brush the snow off some of her bushes.  One bush was no problem as it was close to where I was, the other I told her I couldn’t do it.  I’d have to walk through waist deep snow to get there…not going to do it.  She started to bang it and then the roof with a long stick.  I didn’t say anything, just pointedly cleaned up the snow she knocked down onto my hitherto cleaned off steps.  

I went in after K did and I changed quickly. I went downstairs to have lunch. I asked K if she would like to have lunch and she said she would. That was a surprise and not a bad one.  I put together a bit of lunch for us.  We had miso soup, salad, smoked chicken, a chicken and cabbage salad from the store and a little cheese thing from the freezer.  It was actually very nice.  I had a slice of toast with mine too.  

I did the dishes and went back upstairs again. I made a pompom for my hat and watched a bit of TV too. I was expecting F to come back around 5:30 or 6 pm, but he didn’t call until after 6:45. He didn’t arrive here until after 7 pm.  The roads were bad and he had to work late.  

When he came back he asked about dinner and I suggested going for sushi.  He had been thinking about sushi too, so yay for that.  Our favourite place would close soon, so we decided to go to one of the other choices.  We invited K along and she agreed to come.

We went to the sushi place and had a good meal.  We started by ordering us each a plate of onion rings.  K ate all of hers and then started in on F’s!  He was a little upset, I just laughed and ordered more.  The three of us ate 5 plates of onion rings.  They aren’t very big, but I do think it is funny that I have made a fan out of K.

After dinner, we came back to the house right away.  F had wanted to go for a bath, but we didn’t arrive back until 9:30 and most baths around here close at 10 pm.  They wouldn’t let him in I think.  He decided to just take a shower.

We relaxed and I watched some TV. F didn’t take his bath for ages, in fact, he went out to get a few things at a store!  I took mine first after midnight, he took his afterwards. 

And that’s about it for my day.  It wasn’t too bad at all.  Come back later on if you like and find out about my Saturday.  Until tomorrow….

PS... here's my hat with a pompom.


Rosa said...

Too cute! It's just the thing, that pompom!! :D

Helen said...

Thank you!

Marta said...

Extremely cute!

Helen said...

Thank you! :-)