March 28, 2018

Wednesday - Sunny and warmish

An okay day.

Apologies for missing yesterday’s update.  I was sick!  It started with a sore throat and then changed to body aches and just generally not feeling well.  

I had gone downtown to meet up with a friend to discuss some classes I’m subbing for next week. After she left, I walked around the mall a bit, did a little shopping and then went back to Doutor for an iced tea.  F called to say he wouldn’t be back in Tsuruoka for two hours so I decided to go to the Internet Cafe. I could rest and relax there and would be quite safe too.

F returned to Tsuruoka a little earlier than he said and he picked me up at the Internet Cafe.  I asked him to take me back to the house as I was feeling really terrible by then.  I got upstairs to my bedroom, put on my pyjamas and went to bed.  It was around 8 pm.  I didn’t even have dinner!  I felt terrible most of the evening and F offered to take the next day off and take me to the doctor.  I felt so horrible I let him.

After a good night’s sleep, I did feel much better, but not back to normal.  And today, of course, F felt horrible. Sigh.  

We went to the doctor around 10 and both of us got tested for the flu.  I was quite sure that I had it, but I didn’t according to the up-the-nose test.  We got our medicines and went for lunch.  

After lunch, we came back to the house.  F went to bed, I was on my computer catching up for a while. I did get about an hour and a half of sleep though.  

When I woke up, we decided to go and eat.  We had the option of bringing bento back to the house but decided not to.  We had a cheap and fairly cheerful dinner at Gusto then did a little shopping for groceries.  

We came back to the house. I watched a little TV, F did his usual videos on YouTube thing.  I’m planning to go to bed soon.  Even though I feel better, I’m still not a hundred percent and I have to get things done for the rest of the week!  

F will have to go back to work tomorrow. I hope that his day off was good for him, he wasn’t feeling at all well this afternoon.  Poor guy.

Come back later and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….


Rosa said...

So you were sick on your Japaniversary? Dang! Glad you're feeling better though, and that it wasn't the flu. :)

Helen said...

I know! How disappointing! I had high hopes of doing something fun, but I ended up spending the night in bed, and not in a fun way. I'm feeling a little better now, but not completely better.