June 13, 2018

Wednesday - Rainy and cold

A goodish day!

My morning was just the same as usual.  It was quiet and a bit cold.  We are experiencing quite unseasonable weather at the moment.  I had my breakfast as usual, and after I ate it, decided to wrap my niece’s presents.  I spent a bit of time weighing the presents, then wrapping them up. I’ve decided not to wrap the big one, but I’ll try and make it look pretty.

In the afternoon, I watched a couple of episodes of Reign which meant I am now up to date with it.  Yay me! They’ve brought in Elizabeth, the Queen of England into the story, but I don’t like her.  Still, I suppose they’ll have to have a new villain when Mary leaves France.  

Around 4 pm I went downstairs to do my dishes.  While I was in the kitchen, I decided to wash the dish drainer since it was getting a little grubby.  I emptied it out and washed the pieces. While I was doing that, the doorbell rang.  I was surprised that K didn’t answer it, but she didn’t seem to move.  I went and it turned out to be two people handing out religious leaflets.  I was nice to them really, but said no thanks to the flyers!

I finished the dishes and came back upstairs.  I watched the news and shook my head at the whole Trump vs. Kim Jong Il thing.  And Trump has the temerity to make personal attacks on the Canadian Prime Minister?  I’m not a huge fan of his, but he doesn’t deserve all the crap that the US President is sending his way.

F was late tonight. He’d gone to check on some tests and set up another one at his doctor’s office.  He called and asked if he should bring something, so I asked for bread.  

He came back with the bread and left soon afterwards to go to the bank machine.  I think he came back with a bento for his mother.

F and I went out for dinner to Hanamaru Udon.  I had curry udon and I liked it, F had some and didn’t.  After that, we drove to the Internet Cafe and tried to get massaging chairs. However, the chairs were full.  I suggested going to Karaoke until chairs were available.  F agreed.  Yay!

However, we were only in the karaoke box for a few minutes.  They called us to say they had two chairs for us. Yay!.  

We moved over and for the next 2.5 hours enjoyed ourselves with the massaging chairs and TV.  I did a bit of knitting on two different projects and I even started the decreasing rows for the top of the hat.

We left around 11pm and came back to the house via the convenience store.  We spent the rest of the evening at the house.  F showered, I watched Grey’s Anatomy.  And that’s about it.  I did run the heater in the room up here for a bit as it was rather cold.  Boo.  

Come back tomorrow and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….   

No comments: