December 7, 2018

Friday - Rainy and finally snowy

An okay day.

I got up this morning, but it was a bit difficult. I finally shook myself and got dressed. I had watched the news and my programme from the bed until then. It was much warmer that way.

I had a good but quiet day today. I packed my suitcase again, this time I took a few things out that I’m sure I’ll never miss. I did some paper making for my women’s group and I finished one of my Christmas baubles.  Oh, and I also received a Christmas ornament in the mail. I had just done a Secret Santa handmade ornament swap and received a cute little snowman and a tiny tree for my tiny tree.  


F phoned me around 4:30 to say he was in Yamagata city and wouldn’t be back until 8 pm at the earliest. Yikes. I told him I’d tell his mother, and I did. I offered to cook for her and since she didn’t mind what I made, we ended up eating scrambled eggs on rice with broccoli and clear soup. It wasn’t bad, even if I say so myself. 

F finally got back around 8:30. He was tired and a bit grumpy. He wanted something to eat, but had to watch some of the skating on TV. Of course, when he said it was okay to leave, it was 10 pm and our choices were limited. F got really nasty with me in the car. I had told him I didn’t want to have rice but would go along with wherever he picked. He wouldn’t pick and demanded that I choose the place. Right. I choose the place that he will deign to eat in.  And woe betides if I pick wrong.  I chose a cheaper Japanese chain restaurant.  It was nearly empty when we got there. I had a tofu nabe and French fries, he got some soba and a small donburi, but complained about them.  Mine was fine, nothing special, but okay. 

We came back to the house afterwards and since it was late, I took my shower right away. F dithered about taking one, but didn’t I think. 


We’re not sure what will happen tomorrow morning. I have a few things to stuff into my suitcase and then I’m off in the afternoon. I probably won’t post again until Tuesday or Wednesday, so come back around then and see. Until……..?

No comments: