January 23, 2019

Wednesday - Cool with rain

I woke up fairly early for me, went downstairs and then came back to bed. F snuggled me and I fell fast asleep, didn’t hear him leave. Sigh. I woke up just before 9 and had missed the news. Good job I used the DVR on it. 

I had a quiet morning. I knew that F was probably coming back in the afternoon, so I didn’t do any laundry. I washed my breakfast dishes after he said he was on his way.

Neither of us had had lunch, so I suggested going to the new ramen shop in the mall. It was a terrible idea!  The ramen was horrible according to F. I had Katsu-don and it wasn’t great. It wasn’t terrible, but I wouldn’t willing have it again. Oh dear. But, then again, that’s the place that F wanted me to go the other day and got so upset when I said no!

After lunch, we went over to Komeda Coffee and spent a while there. I thought that F had fallen asleep at one stage. He said he was tired. I had tea for a change and it was fine. I might stick to coffee there, however.

We did a little shopping afterwards. F wanted to go to the hardware store, so we did. He got a new toolbox and something else. I looked at used DVDs but didn’t buy anything. Yay me.

We went to the grocery store to buy K some mikans and decided to go to the deli department for dinner. We got quite a few things to have. We got some fried chicken, bifun noodles, fried tofu in sauce, and my favourite, deep-fried eggplant with shiitake mushroom in the middle. Yum. We came back to the house with everything and got dinner on the table.

We had a nice little feast. Most of the food disappeared. I thought we might have got too much, but I don’t think we did!

F washed the dishes afterwards and I dried them. He stayed downstairs to watch some TV, I went upstairs to watch some TV in English. That was enjoyable for me.

I had a good TV night and I also spent some time working on the mini-convention for my women’s group. I was thinking about timing today and using Google Maps I realized that some things just aren’t feasible or I wasn’t allowing enough enjoyment time.

Not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. Probably laundry, hopefully, my column, but you never know.  Come back later and find out. Until tomorrow….

No comments: