February 20, 2019

Wednesday - Rainy and cloudy

We slept in this morning, but I was up before 11 and stayed up. F continued lying in bed and playing with his phone for a long time. Around noon he roused himself and started demanding that I pick a restaurant to eat at.  Never a good start to a day, is that. I suggested a couple, one in budget, the other not and I thought he was okay with it. Then it turned out that K would be coming too. Surprisingly F suggested a good place and then changed his mind to a horrible place. I said yes to the good place…

We went to Hyakkenbori near the University and had a nice meal. Our meal was the weekly special so it was under budget and quite good too. Afterwards, F dropped me off at S-Mall and took his mum off to his father’s grave since it was the anniversary of his death. 

I hacked around the mall, bought some stuff at the hundred yen shop and then F came back to the mall. We decided to have some ice cream and did. I got my pouch from Baskin Robbins. It’s cute. We went back to the house because F decided he’d go and see his doctor.  He left and I watched the US news on TV.

F came back and had a nap or something.  Around 7 pm I went over to talk to him and he was watching something on his phone. I asked him to pause it while we talked and he said he could keep watching, but I insisted. I feel like I never get his full attention these days. He’s half deaf too, so him wearing an earphone and listening to me means that he isn’t listening really.  

I just wanted to know about dinner, if he wanted to go out or not. He demanded I name the restaurant or type of food so I suggested sushi. He got all angry at that and so I dropped it and left him on the bed. After another hour of being ignored, I had had enough. I went downstairs and got myself a bowl of cereal. I missed breakfast this morning, thought some cereal would be a good thing.

Well, apparently not. He stormed downstairs and made himself and his mother dinner. I don’t know what the hell he was thinking.

We’ve barely spoken to each other since then and it just hasn’t been a good evening. I thought we could still have a nice dinner, but apparently not. I am being ignored.  He’s sleeping/snoring at the moment which is good as I don’t want to talk to him. 
Tomorrow I have no idea what I’m going to get up to. I’m hoping to have a better day, but I won’t hold my breath.  


Until tomorrow then….

No comments: