April 27, 2019

Saturday - Rainy

I woke up this morning to an empty house. F had taken his mother off to the onsen. I got up but did the lady of leisure thing instead of stuff I should have done! 

I had my breakfast and got my clothes together for going out. I got half dressed too.  F came back and cooked some noodles for his mother, then it was time for the two of us to leave.

The doctor visit went well and we don’t have to go back for 6 weeks. Yay.  I also finished reading The Girl Who Takes An Eye for An Eye today and enjoyed it. It isn’t the best book ever, but it was okay.  I didn’t realize until I finished that it was the fifth book in the series, not the fourth. Oops. 

F and I went to Bistrot des Ponts in Mikawa for lunch. It was as good as ever. For a change, we both had steak. Our whole meal was the same, except I had bread and he had rice. 

We visited the grocery store quickly and then came back to the house. F gave his mother some extra food and then we headed upstairs. He took a nap, I spent time on my computer.  Around 5:15 we headed out to the local cinema and saw The Favourite.  I really liked it, although I’m not completely sure what the ending meant! Olivia Colman was great, but in actual fact, all three of the actresses were.  

After the movie, I wasn’t ready for dinner. F was all set to go back to the house and make himself ramen for dinner. Grr. I suggested going for coffee first, so we headed off to Komeda coffee.  We had a cup of decaf there and then since we still weren’t famished decided to go to the grocery store. At MaxValu I got myself some bread with bacon in it and a small chicken namban. That was good.

We came back to the house, put away the groceries and came upstairs. I was on my computer for a bit until I remembered that I had to take a shower tonight. Oops.  I did that and came back upstairs.

That’s about it for me for today. Not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. I’m hoping to see Avengers: Endgame soon, but not sure if tomorrow will be the day or not. Come back later on and see?! Until tomorrow….

No comments: