June 24, 2019

Monday - Rainy

My alarm went off before F’s this morning. I was really surprised. I woke up early and was worried that he’d be late for work so I woke him up a bit to check. He was fine. I watched the news, F left and then it was time for me to watch ER.  

I didn’t do laundry today because K was using the washing machine. I was halfway down the stairs with my basket when I heard the machine start.  Rats! I could have waited I supposed, just decided to try again tomorrow.

I had a fairly quiet day today. F popped back around 1:30 to say hi. His meeting had finished early. He still had to go to work though. I had my lunch and had leftovers from Friday. They were still yummy!

In the afternoon I did some Postcrossing. I’m trying to write and send either 2 or 3 cards a day this week. I used my new scanner to scan the cards and it worked so well…and so fast. I was surprised at how much better it is than the last one was.

F came back to the house around 6. I was watching Ocean's 8 and didn’t want to start working on dinner yet. I watched it to almost the end and then went down to cook.  

Tonight we had a mostly grocery store dinner. We had basil chicken, pilaf, salad and broccoli. Oh, and I did a Spinach cake too.  It was good.  I ended up doing all the dishes myself too. F was having back problems and as usual, buggered off at dishes time. He came back at the very end but had cut his finger so he couldn’t help.  I saw the cut, and it wasn’t very nice. Still can’t help wondering why he doesn’t help from the start!

F wanted to go to the onsen tonight so I changed and got ready to go. F spent ages looking for his car keys and then had to use his spare set to go.  We drove out in the rain and it was very quiet inside the onsen. I had a drink, updated my phone and then read a bit of my women group’s Journal.

F came out early and we stayed in the lobby for a while. When it was leaving time we drove back to Tsuruoka and went to Komeda Coffee for a quick drink and some wifi.  

We went around the MaxValu afterwards and I picked up some stuff for dinner tomorrow. We’re having pork, salad, veggies and I’ll see what else I can rustle up. 

Back at the house, we unpacked the groceries and then put them away.  We came upstairs and relaxed a bit. F is having a bad time of it with the rain.  I feel for him, I really do.  


Not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. I’m hoping it’ll be good though.  Come back later and find out how things go. Until tomorrow….

No comments: