June 27, 2019

Thursday - Rainy and cloudy all day

I woke up quite early this morning, but F was already gone.  I took a trip downstairs and then came back and dozed a little bit more. I woke up around 8 properly and watched the news.  This morning was the ER Retrospective, so they had some of the actors on the show talking about what ER meant to them.  It was really good and quite touching too. 

I had breakfast and thought about taking a nap but didn’t until I absolutely had to. I didn’t actually nap that much, but I did feel more rested.  F told me later that I snored last night (Just what I wanted to hear-snort) so I might not have slept that well. 

In the afternoon I prepared a card for a friend with an upcoming birthday then did some Postcrossing. I got three odd ones today, well two of them were.  One was to a person who hadn’t filled out her profile at all, and one was to a person who sends the same card to everyone. I looked at his sent cards and 90% were one picture only. I asked him about it on the card. I personally take great care to pick a card that will suit the person I’m sending it to, and I rarely send the same card twice in a short time.
  
F called around 6 and I went down and started dinner. It was a simple one tonight, pasta with pesto and a side salad.  I served a sausage each on the pasta.  Things disappeared so I think people liked it. The best part is I have leftovers for lunch.

I did the dishes, both washing and drying again. At one point F was going to take over, but he all of a sudden left the room.  Okay, dude…whatever. Good thing it was a simple meal tonight. 

I went upstairs and he wanted to go out soon. No worries.  We went to the onsen and F took a bath. This was the earliest time we’ve been in a while so it was busier but fine really. I started reading “Y is for Yesterday” by Sue Grafton. It’s a little bittersweet starting it as it is her last book. I’ve loved reading Grafton over the years. Kinsey Millhone is one of my literary heroines.

When F came out of the bath he sat with me and he used the wifi for a bit. We left soon after and went to Komeda Coffee.  I asked that we not be there too long, but F starts watching videos and forgets the time. I’m sure we were there an hour but did finally leave.  

Our next destination was a gas station to buy some kerosene. The water heater in F’s house runs on kerosene so he picked some up for us.  We came back to the house and after a few minutes, I took a shower.  

At midnight I watched Forever because Ioan Gruffudd is pretty darn hot! 

That’s about it for my day.  I didn’t buy food for dinner tomorrow night so I hope F comes up with a plan. I’ve basically done all the cooking and clean up for the 3 days that I’ve cooked this week and I’m just a tad tired of it. He’s supposed to help.


Come back later and see what we get up to. Will it be good?  I hope so. Until tomorrow….

No comments: