December 10, 2019

Tuesday - Sunny and warmish

I realized before I went to bed last night that I had forgotten to set up the plastic garbage for F to take out. Instead of running downstairs and taking care of it in the middle of the night I shrugged my shoulders and said,” Oh well.” 

I got up this morning at a reasonable time…on time actually. I watched some news or a debate about Brexit from the BBC, then the news from another channel.  I was a bit snoozy this morning but didn’t go back to sleep.

I did a load of laundry and hung it up in the room. I need to do some on Thursday too if I want to be ready to leave next week. And I do.

I had a fairly quiet afternoon. I spent most of my time hand-sewing some velcro to a bag that I bought. I’m going to use it as a temporary bag on the plane. The velcro should keep it shut and hopefully, I won’t lose anything. I pricked my fingers a couple of times on the pins I used to hold it and they are still sore. Ouch.

F called around 5:30 tonight and said he was on his way.  I went down to the kitchen and got busy. I really was today. I baked potatoes for us, steamed some frozen veggies, baked some chicken, heated up some soup and plated some salad.  The potatoes were lovely, the chicken was good and so were the veggies. Dinner got pretty good reviews from both K and F so that was something!  There was even some dessert, pudding that was just about to expire.  I was pretty organized in the kitchen for a change and I didn’t get upset with anyone, which surprised me.

F washed the dishes afterwards and I dried, then we went out to the onsen.  F took his bath while I took a chair in the lobby with my drink. I did a bit of knitting and also listened to some podcasts. I got sleepy with my knitting, so I stopped and just listened for a bit.

After the onsen, we popped into Komeda Coffee for some decaf and wifi. It is getting to me a bit how F won’t even talk to me when we are out. He just doesn’t hear me.  I used my phone a lot too so I’m not entirely innocent of phone crimes.

F and I came back to the house. I took a shower and then settled in to watch the last episode of the first season of The Handmaid’s Tale.  I’ve been enjoying it and getting a bit freaked out by it in equal portions. I think that season two is one of the shows that I will record on the DVR while I’m gone!


And that’s about it.  It’s late now and I have an early lunch date with a friend, so I really should get some sleep. Come back tomorrow if you will and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: