December 9, 2019

Monday - Sunny and warm

I woke up before my alarm this morning. I was so surprised! It was only 5 minutes before, but that was very unusual. I didn’t go back to sleep either. I got up, turned on the water pot and the TV and watched the news. 

I had my breakfast and did a load of laundry. I didn’t do as much as I should have, but it was something at least. I have to do more tomorrow, but that’s okay.

I had a lovely day. It was quite warm so I didn’t need to run the heater in the room upstairs all the time.  The morning was interesting as the Yamabushi were out and about collecting funds.  Some of them had conch shell horns and they were blowing them. I thought they sounded like a whale or a bull! I was hoping to take a photo as one walked by the house, so I opened the window and got my phone ready to snap a photo. Instead of walking by, he came into our yard though. I figured that he’d hear if I took a picture so I didn’t. Sorry.

I got a bunch of my nengajo written, and all of the cards are now printed too. I’ve made the executive decision not to send to one or two people, just because I haven’t heard from them in a few years.

F texted me that he made a reservation for us on Saturday night to have our Christmas party together. I’m excited. I think it’ll be nice.  I’ll have to find something to wear though.

When F called to say he was coming back, I reminded him he needed a few ingredients for tonight’s dinner. He was cooking. Yay!  He took a while to get back here, but the drive back from work, plus a trip to the grocery store can be quite difficult during the driving home hours. He came in and after changing clothes got to work.

He made a nabe and it was really good. I’m not lying here, if I didn’t like it I would say so. He managed to get everything about balanced taste-wise. He even put a few slices of yuzu in the nabe pot too. That added a little something. He’d also bought some sashimi. It was okay, but I didn’t need it. I helped him a little, got in his way a tad, but tried to show him that even though I wasn’t cooking, I could take things to the table. (I’m trying to teach him so he’ll help me someday.)

Dinner was great and we all had seconds and one of us even had thirds. It wasn’t F or me!

F washed the dishes, I dried them and put them away. A little after that, we went out to Starbucks.  I tried their new holiday frap, and F had his favourite one, so we were quite happy. Of course, our drinks were finished long before we left the joint!

We went to the grocery store and picked up a few things for my lunches this week and also some snacks.  We drove back to the house and F had a little feast. I watched a couple of TV programmes and sewed up a little something. I have a bit more sewing to do tomorrow too. 

And that’s about it. It was a good day. Tomorrow night I’m going to cook and I’m debating between making scalloped potatoes or baked potatoes. Both are a bit of work, but different types. Hmm. I’ll sleep on it!


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: