December 11, 2019

Wednesday - Sunny and warm

I had a great day today. It was a good one.  Hurray for that.

I got up this morning and did my usual news watching, although I didn’t let myself snooze too much. Around 10 I went downstairs and made a piece of toast for myself, while I was down there, the postal worker rang the doorbell. He had his hands full. I received a box and a card for me. Yay!

I got dressed and as I was doing that found a couple of shirts for myself that I had almost forgotten about. I found a dressy one for my Christmas dinner, and a nice casual one for my lunch today.  

I got dressed and went downstairs to wait for my friend. It was so nice outside that I didn’t want to wait inside. K asked me into her room, but I told her I wanted to out. My friend arrived very soon afterwards so it was fine. 

We drove off to the Foodever building and had a yummy lunch at Farinamore, the pasta restaurant.  My friend was able to have a meal there that met her requirements and I was too.  I had a steamed vegetable starter and salmon and spinach cream fettuccine.  It was lovely.  My friend had a persimmon and nut salad which she raved about and a pasta dish of cod and cabbage with an oil sauce. We finished with a glass of iced tea. It was a tad expensive, but honestly, very nice.  After lunch, we went over to S-Mall and had a drink in Doutors while we gabbed away.  Sad to say, she had to leave for work so we said goodbye and went our separate ways.  

I killed a few minutes by checking my favourite websites on my phone and then walked over to my hairdresser’s salon.  As usual, I got a great cut and it was nice. Unusually for her, we got lots of interruptions today. I was worried that it flustered her, but she seemed to be okay. I’m fairly easy-going too, which I hope helps.

After I was done, I paid and walked back to the mall. I did a little shopping for me and for a special someone.  After that, I had an ice-cream at Baskin-Robbins and then went to Doutors again to wait for F to be finished work. 

When he finished he came to meet me and I bought him a drink.  We sat and chatted for a few minutes and then decided that we should go and order dinner for K and me tomorrow night since his app wasn’t working.  We drove off and talked to the person who runs the sushi delivery place.  He took our order and then we left. Yay.

We had dinner in a little Japanese restaurant called Misono. We’ve been there a few times, I like it for the most part.  F got to have some noodles, although NOT ramen (snort), and I had Oyakodon. That was quite nice.

We bought some groceries for my lunch and also for K’s dinner and brought them back to the house.  K was still up. I think she’d had a visit from her daughter during the day. She looked quite cheerful tonight, and took some of the bento we brought her, but not all of it.

I came upstairs and caught up with my computer stuff, then went downstairs to take care of the burnable garbage in the kitchen. I got that done and then came upstairs again. I did a temporary patch on the back of F’s pocket. I don’t have time for some real sashiko there, but I’m hoping the patch will hold it from getting worse until I can come back and do a better job of it. 

I watched a little TV and then tried to catch up on my blogging. And here I am.  

Tomorrow F has a bonnenkai, so K and I will be single ladies. I told her it was our bonnenkai tomorrow night. I’m not planning on drinking though!


That’s about it for me. Come back later if you like and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: