July 28, 2021

Wednesday - Cooler, rainy and humid


I woke up this morning and had a lazy time of it. I watched some news on my BBC app, Facebooked a little and napped just a tad.  When I got up and dressed, I did a load of laundry. I washed towels today. There were a ton needing to be done.  I hung them up in my room. This morning was gloriously cool. After so many mornings of waking up in a sweat, it was lovely to just be normal.


I hung up the laundry and had a bit of a lazy morning. I read some Facebook posts, watched some YouTube while crocheting and then went down to make my lunch. Unfortunately, K had the same idea! She grabbed stuff for herself and then went into the living room to eat.  I gave her a few other things from the fridge, and even heated up some of the chicken from last night which I shared with her. 


I came back upstairs to eat. I also watched an episode of Shameless and then I got down to work. I planned my classes for next week. It took a while to work everything out, but it also means that I can relax about it. It also gives me two days to finish my column. I have to write most of it. I have started it at least.


F called to say he was coming back, so I went downstairs and got busy. I decided not to do a bunch of things because I have been making lots of side dishes lately and they don’t get eaten! It’s a bit frustrating having to find space in our very crammed fridge at the moment. 


Tonight’s menu was Yakisoba, the casual noodle dish. I waited until F got back and got him to go over the recipe with me. We hadn’t been able to find an actual cabbage yesterday but did find a couple of bags that were supposed to be for yakisoba. When I opened them I discovered that cabbage wasn’t a major ingredient. They had bags of bean sprouts that were the main ingredient. However, it did have some red ginger and some seaweed to put on the finished product, so that was good. I added in a sliced onion and got busy. 


Tonight’s dinner was rather nice. I did have to go upstairs to get F to come, annoying since I yelled at him a couple of times first.  Everyone seemed to enjoy their meal, I served the yakisoba with miso soup as F requested and a few leftover veggies from the last couple of days. We had a few cherries with some Greek Yogurt afterwards too. F complained that the Greek Yogurt was too sour, but I liked it!


I did the dishes afterwards and listened to my podcasts. I was so sweaty afterwards. The humidity has come back. It isn’t technically that hot, but the humidity is terrible. Just checking, my weather app says it is 90% right now. Ack!


I went upstairs and I just crashed on the bed for a few minutes.  F wanted to see if he could send something to a friend of his, but as it was food, we needed it to be sent in a cooled truck. Unfortunately, we couldn’t find a place tonight to send it. We’d probably have to go to the post office. I hope we can send it tomorrow.  


At the second convenience store, we bought some drinks and then came back to the house. We drank them and then I took a shower. F watched Olympics. He does this odd thing though when he’s had enough, he doesn’t turn off the TV. He leaves it blaring away even though I’m obviously not watching it! Ack. I had to ask if he was finished tonight so I could turn it off.


Anyway, that’s about it for me for tonight. It was an okay day, but I am finding the humidity rather hard to deal with. 


Come back later if you will and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: