April 25, 2022

Monday - Warm and Sunny


I woke up this morning after my alarm went off. I hadn’t heard F leave this morning. Yay for that. I watched the news and then fell asleep. Oops.  I woke up around 10 am and then heard the doorbell. K summoned me downstairs a little later and I found out that F’s sister was taking her out for a while. I wished her a good time and made sure she had a clean mask.


While K was gone, I cut the stems of some flowers that we’ve had in the genkan. I’m hoping that some of the flowers will last a little longer now. Sadly for me, some of the flowers that were left too long made a huge mess all over the floor so I had to clean that up!


I did a big load of laundry and also swept the stairs up to our room. I was busy for a bit and then I just relaxed for a while! 


I made a sort of start on my column and I listed a few movies that I might write about. That’s always a good way to start. 


I watched the news and then got ready to go downstairs. When I was in the kitchen setting up, F called and said that the car was making an odd noise, so he was going to go to the car shop. He went there and I went on with dinner.


Tonight I roasted some chicken with Lemon Pepper coating, microwaved some broccoli and some bulgar pilaf that I had bought a few months ago and put a salad in a bowl and also made some instant soup. I put things out on the table and tried to tell K that F would be late because of the car but she didn’t understand anything. I even used my phone to translate the message for me but she didn’t understand it. 


F came back just after we were finished or almost finished eating. I made his soup for him and he ate dinner too. He didn’t like the bulgar (and neither did K), but I had really liked it. I will get it again for myself!


I did the dishes and as I was doing that, F set up the rice cooker for tomorrow. He was in my way of course and also made a lot of noise so I had to stop my podcast until he was done.  He did ask if I wanted to go out with him. He has a loaner car from the dealership and needed to hit up a store. I said I would go.


When I finished the dishes, I went upstairs and changed my clothes. F and I went to the new drugstore nearby and he got what he wanted, plus a few treats for all of us. 


We came back to the house. I took a shower a bit later and F backed out of his. Sigh. 


When I came back to the room, F was basically in bed asleep. He had left his computer on my side of the bed, so I asked him to move it. I also reminded him to set his alarm for the morning. He did and then went back to sleep!


I’m still up, watching a few YouTube videos as I blog. Tomorrow I have a few things to do. I’m going to be making stew for dinner, I’ll probably do it in my slow cooker starting in the later part of the morning. Wish me luck with that.


That’s about it for me tonight. Wish me luck with dinner tomorrow. The good thing is that hopefully clean up after dinner tomorrow night shouldn’t take too long. 


Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: