April 27, 2022

Wednesday - Dark and cold in the morning, sunnier later on.


This morning, F woke me again. He did it on purpose today. He had misplaced his wallet and his car keys. I don’t understand it. I went downstairs and had a little search in the kitchen but he found his stuff upstairs. And…he found his long-lost keys for his car. Whew! He didn’t find the spare set he lost overnight though!


I went back to sleep after he left and didn’t get up until quite late. I wasn’t mad at myself though. I was tired.  When I got up, I dressed and grabbed my breakfast. I ate breakfast. 


Today I worked on my column and I think I have it almost done. It’s funny how much difference there is between the way I felt in January and the way I feel now for writing it. I had such horrible writer’s block in January and couldn’t even start the column. 


I watched an episode of Yellowstone and an episode of This is Going to Hurt after lunch. I enjoyed both of the shows. At 4 pm I watched the news and then relaxed afterwards. 


I went downstairs around 5:45 and started to get on with dinner. I heated up my stew and plated some salad and some pickles. Earlier today I had made some orzo with a small carton of milk so that was going to be one of the drinks tonight. 


F came back when I was almost ready and the stew was getting hot. I texted him when I was ready for him to come and eat and I put the stew out too. Tonight I broke out my jar of harissa from the fridge and we all had some in the stew. It was good. We mostly finished the stew, there’s a little bit left for K’s lunch tomorrow if she wants it.


Over dinner, F said that he wanted to go to the onsen, so while I was getting the dishes done, he left with K to go to the onsen.  I finished the dishes and then I went upstairs and relaxed for a bit. 


A little while later F came back. Apparently, the onsen was closed, and so was the second place they tried. Oh, dear. F might go early in the morning to go to another place, but he won’t take K of course!


I had a shower and then watched today’s episode of This is Going to Hurt. It was quite good again. I really feel for the doctor that Ben Whishaw plays. Unlike in Grey’s Anatomy for example, TIGTH actually shows the blood and guts and the doctor gets dirty at work. It’s very different!


And basically, that was it for my day. Tomorrow I have to do some laundry and I have to cook dinner as well. Friday is a national holiday, it’s the start of Golden Week. F will be around a bit during GW so hopefully, we’ll spend a bit of time out rather than in the house.


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: