November 27, 2022

 Sunday - Cloudy and cool


We both slept in this morning, but F was awake before I was. I woke up around 10 and then napped again for a bit. I finally dragged myself out of bed around 11:30 I think. 


F went downstairs and I got dressed. He suggested going to the place in Kushibiki for lunch and I was fine with that. We just squeaked in before last order. F had his 5 kinds of stuff yakisoba and I had mabo-yakisoba. Mine was really good. It was quite spicy. 


After lunch, we quickly visited a hardware store but didn’t buy anything. I had hoped they had some Christmas tree lights, but they didn’t. We drove back to Tsuruoka. F had talked about putting the snow tires on the car today. We planned to go to the museum first, but F wasn’t feeling all that great today. We changed plans and headed back to the house.  I went in the house and after a short break, F headed out to the car. 


I relaxed upstairs for a while. When he was done, F came upstairs and rested for a while. I did have to get him up though because we still needed to go shopping for food.


We checked on his mum downstairs. She hadn’t eaten the bento we brought back yesterday for today’s lunch. I’m not sure why.  F heated it up for her and we left her eating happily away. 


We went over to our old grocery store and got food for the next couple of days. I’m going to try making chilli tomorrow night, I got some yogurt to put in it for K in case she thinks it is too spicy.


F filled up his car with gas and we came back to the house. I put away the groceries and then we left again for our dinner. I suggested to F that we either go to Cocos or Gusto. He chose Cocos. 


It was busy, but we were able to get in right away. We checked the menu and then ordered.  When I went to get drinks from the drink bar I was surprised to see that they had a new coffee machine. I was even more surprised to see that they have decaf drinks. Woot! I had a couple. Tonight, I had carbonara and it was good, F had a raw salmon and bait bowl. He said it was good. I had too many drinks, but hey…decaf! I was excited.


After our dinner, we came back to the house and relaxed a bit. I tried to watch some Apple TV, but something happened and the Fire Stick stopped working. I’ll have to get in there tomorrow and try and reboot it again I think. Sigh. 


So that’s about it for us. It was okay, but not as good as yesterday. F has been using his gadget from the shop yesterday, so he hasn’t been listening/talking to me as much today. 


Tomorrow I have a Zoom Meet-up in the morning if I can rouse myself and then in the late afternoon I have to start dinner. I hope that all goes well! Come back later if you like and find out if it does!


Until tomorrow….

No comments: