January 1, 2024

 Monday - Cold and dreary


I slept in this morning but did get up a little earlier than I did yesterday. The sushi we had ordered had arrived. F was all for waking up his mother right away, but I suggested waiting a few minutes as it would take a bit of time for me to warm up some of the other food we had. 


I ran my air fryer for a bit and warmed up some of the food and then F came back downstairs and woke up his mother. We proceeded to have a fairly decent lunch. The sushi was good and so was some of the other food. 


I got stuck with the dishes afterwards, even though F and his mother were still sat in the living room. Great. I had told F that I wasn’t feeling too great, so I went upstairs when I finished and took a nap. I set my alarm for 40 minutes and tried to sleep. I dozed a little which was good, but my alarm went off all too soon. I decided to reset my alarm, but about 3 minutes later, my phone started shrieking. It said, “Earthquake, Earthquake…”Ack. F came upstairs and I felt the room start to shake. It lasted quite a while. It wasn’t too strong at first but got quite strong before it got lower again and stopped.  I turned on the TV and we got more information about the Earthquake and that there was a threat of tsunami. We’re quite lucky here in Tsuruoka City, we’re quite far from the ocean. However, there are areas of the city that are right on the coast.  I assume they evacuated from those areas though. 


F checked on his mother. She had felt the earthquake and woke up too. We watched TV for about an hour to see if there would be more news. There wasn’t anything new, except there were more earthquakes which we didn’t really feel up here. 


After a while, I suggested going out. We didn’t have anything planned for dinner, so we had to go and get some. F wanted to go to the grocery store first, so we did. He came in with me and he was horrible. He kept accusing me of being in people’s way, he didn’t bother to check to see if I wanted to buy anything for my dinner and finally, I got so tired of him being a jerk that I asked him to give me the car keys so I could sit in the car. 


When he returned to the car, I asked that we go to S-Mall. I invited him to have a drink with me but he turned me down. Fine. I went into the mall and he stayed in the car. I did a quick tour of the grocery store, but there was nothing much left in their deli section.


I zoomed up to the hundred yen shop and bought a few things that I probably shouldn’t. Oh well. After that, I went downstairs to Doutor and bought a couple of hot drinks for us. I got takeout. I picked up a blend coffee for F and a Royal Milk Tea for me.  I took them out to the car and got in. F accepted his coffee and seemed quite happy to get it. My tea was lovely, but so hot I couldn’t drink it for a while.


We drove back to the house. F went into the kitchen right away to get dinner started. I told him I was going upstairs to change my clothes, and did. When I came downstairs I was rather upset to see that there were two plates with food on the table. There was nothing for me. He hadn’t given a thought to getting some food for me. I had asked him when he bought one of his things if it was enough for all of us, but he didn’t answer. Now I know why. 


I left the living room and came upstairs. I spent a couple of hours on YouTube very upset with someone. I went downstairs around 9 pm and made my dinner. I had some leftovers and a piece of chicken that I had thoughtfully bought for myself yesterday. I brought my food upstairs to eat. 


 Around 10:30 he came upstairs and sat on his bed. He tried to talk to me but I ignored him. He hadn’t turned on the light in his half of the room.


I grabbed my towels, a bottle for water and used plates. Then, I turned down my light and went downstairs to take a shower. I had to use the flashlight on my phone to leave the room safely, but I did it. I washed the dishes, filled up my water bottle and then I took a shower. 


I went back upstairs but the room was dark. It didn’t matter so much this time as I had fewer breakable things with me. I turned on my light and went back to YouTube. 


A bit after midnight F made me laugh. He wished me a happy January 2nd. So, I started talking to him, a bit. He gave me some cookies which didn’t hurt either. He’s gone off to bed now, and of course, I’m still up.


I think we had another earthquake, but it wasn’t a big one. It might have been big in Ishikawa but it wasn’t too bad here. There was a tsunami up the road in Sakata, but we’re okay here. My friend who lives in Sakata evacuated to her in-laws' home, hopefully, her house will be okay. 


I have no idea what we’ll get up to tomorrow. More of the stores will be open so I hope we’ll be able to do a bit more shopping. I have late Christmas presents to get!


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: