January 13, 2024

Saturday - Snowy, cold and clearing


I woke up fairly early this morning, went downstairs and then came back up again and went back to sleep. I woke up again when my alarm went off around 11. However, I didn’t get up for a while.


When I did get up and was getting dressed, F asked if I’d like to go for lunch. I was afraid of the usual “Where do you want to eat?” baloney, but today, F had a suggestion. He asked if I’d like to go to Yunohama to a restaurant I’d never heard of out there. I said sure. Then, he read the webpage or something and it said that we needed reservations made before the day. I suggested calling them to see if we would be able to get in today. It is a bit of a drive out there so I didn’t want to waste our time. F called and they were happy to have us.


We left the house a few minutes later and went out to Yunohama. We went to a new for us restaurant called Yunohama Hyakkunen or something. It means a hundred year restaurant. It was nice. We weren’t the only customers there, but it wasn’t too busy. We had the lunch menu. F had a crab quiche and I had the meat special with pasta. They even changed the sauce for me because we told them that I am allergic to tomato sauce. We got a lovely salad to start and then our mains. We even got dessert and a drink too. The food was lovely and we both said that we’d like to come back again. It was a bit expensive, but not outrageously so. It was nice to be able to see the ocean while we ate our meal. After we finished, we paid and left. We drove down the coast a bit and checked out another new restaurant in the area. It was closed though. We might try and go there another day.


We drove back into Tsuruoka and made a stop at Musashi, the hardware store. We wanted to get a wooden shelf to go under our dishwashing basin. The ones they had pre-made were a bit small, so F decided he’d make one. He went off to get supplies and I went off to look for stuff for me. I wanted to buy a new container for my Christmas decorations. The small one I had before just isn’t cutting it now. I got a big one after a lot of thought, it wasn’t too expensive or too heavy, which is good since I’ll have to lug it up and down the garage steps in December. I carried it around the shop looking for F but couldn’t. Finally we met up and I asked for the car keys so I could buy the container and put it in the car. F wanted to buy it for me, but he hadn’t finished his shopping yet, so I did my thing. I put the now paid-for box in the car and went back into the store. 


We had another bit of fun finding each other later. I didn’t get much else, just a bag of mugi-cha bags. F got wood and some nails or something. We came back to the house and I took the container up to the garage. I put my Christmas stuff in it and it just fit. I think when I get it out again in December, I’ll sort things out better and take out some of the boxes that I put into the container. I went back into the house.


F was all for starting building my new shelf right away, but I pointed out that if we wanted to go to the movie at 8:40, we really didn’t have time for that now. F agreed. He made something for his mother to eat.


I went upstairs and F came up a bit later. He was ready to go, but I thought it was a bit early. However, F started to feel a bit unwell. He went downstairs and then came back again. He took some stomach medicine and then wanted to leave. Again, I suggested waiting a little bit. Twenty minutes later, F was raring to go to the mall. We got in the car and drove to the mall.


Just before we got to the mall, F felt unwell again, so we went into the mall quickly. F spent a bit of time in the washroom and then when he came out we both decided that seeing a movie wasn’t in the card for tonight after all. 


We drove back to Tsuruoka and went to Kula Sushi for dinner. We haven’t been there in ages. The sushi wasn’t too bad, but the fries weren’t that great.


After our meal, F wanted to go to the grocery store so we did that. He got some stuff to make his mother’s brunch for tomorrow. 


We came back to the house and came upstairs. I put on my PJ’s even though it was before 10:00 pm. I am a bit sad that we didn’t see the movie, but it wouldn’t be much fun if F wasn’t feeling good. 


I watched Criminal Minds: Evolution at 11 pm. It was the last episode of the series. I’m not sure if it’ll be back or not. F proceeded to crunch his old beer cans in the middle of the show. That annoyed me a lot. 


He went off to bed. He’s booked himself a massage for tomorrow. I hope his stomach is better. I can’t remember what time he scheduled it for. I may go out with him and spend a bit of time at S-Mall. 


Anyway, that’s it for me for tonight. I’ll hopefully remember to come back tomorrow night and do an entry. Come back later if you like and hear all about my news. Until tomorrow….

No comments: