January 20, 2024

Saturday - Clear and sunny, with some rain at night


I woke up early this morning, around 6 am and had to make a trip downstairs. I came back upstairs and went back to sleep. I woke up next when F’s phone rang. F was not in the room. I grumbled a bit and went back to sleep. I woke up a bit later and F was coming into the room speaking on his phone. He was talking to the Apple people. We figured that everything was fixed then. 


I got up and got dressed, F phoned a restaurant in old Fujishima and made a reservation for 12:30. I relaxed and got dressed, checked my email, that kind of thing. 


We left for the restaurant, well, after a few minutes. F had been working on cutting down the dead tree in the yard. He cut off some of the branches and they were lying all over the yard. I offered to help him pick them up, but he didn’t let me. I’m worried that they’ll be in my way when I have to shovel snow. Or get out of the car.


We went off to Fujishima and had a nice lunch there. I had a hamburger done in a stew style. It was good, but the sauce was a bit tomatoey. F had ginger pork. We both liked our meals.  After lunch, we came back to the house. During lunch, I received another message from Apple saying that we needed to contact them about the credit card.


We got back to the house. To be honest, I was getting really tired of this. F had contacted his bank about the payment, Apple had contacted us numerous times and I thought it might just be better to cancel the whole thing. I could buy my own damn computer, it might take most of my money, but at least it would be done. However, F called Apple and talked to the people there. He actually ended up using another card and there were no problems with that one. I think it’s the card he used. He doesn’t use credit cards much so they probably flagged the purchase as suspicious. 


Anyway, tomorrow I’m going to get one of the things I ordered with my computer so that should be good. If it arrives I’ll know that the rest of the order should be okay!


We spent some time at the house and relaxed. F made his mother some dinner. She had gone out to the Day Service today so was out most of the day. 


We decided to leave for the mall after 6:30. I wanted to be there early enough to eat and not rush. Lately, I’ve been missing all the previews and they are almost my favourite part of the experience!


We drove out to the mall, bought our tickets and then went and ordered our bibinba. We both had the same, pork kimchi ones. I liked mine, but F didn’t as much. 


We went into the cinema and bought some popcorn and drinks. We went to our theatre and soon we watched Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. I know it got horrible reviews, but I sort of enjoyed it. It was silly, it was dumb, but I liked it. Of course, I also think Jason Momoa is pretty darn hot. 


We returned to Tsuruoka and went to a gyudon shop for a late snack. F had a gyudon bowl and miso soup, and I had some kara-age. I didn’t want any rice or anything. I’d had rice twice already today, that’s more than enough for me. I liked mine, but F didn’t like his.


We came back to the house and relaxed. F booked himself a massage for tomorrow and we’re going to try and have lunch before he has to go. I’m not sure that is going to go well, but we can hope. 


Really, that’s about it for my day. It seems like my computer will come, but not for a few days. I’m excited and now that the payment thing is worked out, I can relax. 


That’s it for me for today. I’m tired so I am out of here. Until tomorrow….

No comments: