January 22, 2024

Monday - Clear and warm, rainy at night


I went to bed a little late last night but fell asleep fairly soon. I might have heard F leave for work this morning, but he didn’t wake me up. I woke up when my alarm went off. About 5 minutes after that, one of our neighbours started taking down some scaffolding and it was terribly noisy. Argh. I tried to sleep a bit longer but couldn’t.


I got up, went downstairs, came back and got dressed. Then, I tried to go back to bed and sleep a little longer, but I ended up reading things on my phone and playing games and basically only got a quick nap for 10 or 20 minutes.


I got up, went downstairs and grabbed breakfast. I came back up to eat and watch a bit of YouTube. I did back up my computer today, lately, I’ve been forgetting it for a few days. I didn’t do any laundry, unfortunately, maybe tomorrow! I did work on the cull of my women’s group today. I nearly took off someone who was still a member, that was scary when I realized. I had to apologize all over the place, but it was my mistake. 


I got my lunch around 3 pm and came back upstairs to eat. I watched more YouTube. I did think about watching something else, but I wanted to catch up a bit. I did watch the news at 4:00pm though.


I was surprised when F called me. I hadn’t even realized it was after 5! He said he was on his way back. I went downstairs a few minutes later and got started on dinner. I think I did fairly well tonight. I made chicken drumsticks in the air fryer, heated up some tater tot-wannabes, washed some lettuce for salad and baked a spinach cake. Dinner was good and almost everything was eaten!


I did dishes and listened to my podcasts. I was thinking of doing a load of towels tonight but I talked myself out of it! I took a shower and then came back upstairs to watch Project Runway. At the end, F said that he thought he’d seen some of the people before. Good for him, it is the 20th-anniversary show where everyone was on the show before!


And basically, that’s about it for today. It was a bit quiet here. I’m hoping that tomorrow I get a few other things done. Wish me luck with that!


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: