February 16, 2024

Friday - Rainy and snowy and cooler


Last night when I went to bed, I found F’s phone in the middle of the bed. I checked the battery level and it was pretty low. Being the mostly nice wife that I am, I got another USB cord and charged it for him. I also left it on the top of the bed so that he could see it. 


I got up this morning around 8:30, went downstairs and did my usual coming back, getting dressed and then going back to sleep for a bit. I overslept of course, but I didn’t care.


I got up and grabbed my breakfast and then I had some computer time. I got a message from F that said he wasn’t feeling well and would take the afternoon off work. Oh dear. 


I had a quiet time by myself here and then as I was downstairs about to get my lunch, F came in. He went upstairs, I went in the kitchen. I got my lunch ready and went upstairs to eat as usual. 


F rested for a while and then a bit after 3 pm he went out to his doctor’s office. He said that he’d like to take me out later, which I thought sounded nice.


I watched news and tried to come up with an idea for my column. I may have finally thought of something. I don’t have a lot of time left before I have to turn it in. Sigh.


F came back from his doctor and after a while we went out. He hadn’t had lunch so he wanted to hit up a ramen place. We couldn’t find one that was open, so we ended up at Komeda Coffee. I had a cup of decaf and F had a chicken sandwich and coffee. 


Although I tried to get him to just buy bentos for dinner, he wanted to get food from the deli in the grocery store. We went into the grocery store and he proceeded to be annoying as usual. I ended up getting some stuffed deep-fried eggplant dish and some chicken tenders. I got some cheese so that I could make some nachos. 


Back at the house, I changed my clothes and then came downstairs. F had very nicely left everything on the table for me to heat up. Excuse me? The stuff that I didn’t want to buy?  I made the nachos and put some stuff out for K and I since F said he didn’t want nachos. Oh well. 

I did heat everything up and I set the table. F waited for ages before getting his mother up, but that’s his business. We ate.


My nachos were great and K and I ate them all. I made a smaller batch for the two of us than I did last time. F ate his rice and some of the other stuff. I had some of the eggplant which was okay and the chicken too. Some of it was not good. 


I got gifted with the dishes too of course. However, since I was royally ticked off at my husband I just decided not to dry things today. I left them in the drainer. 


I went upstairs when finished. F didn’t talk to me, I didn’t talk to him. I turned on the heater and my light, I started to change my clothes into my pyjamas. I went over to the bed to get my pyjamas and saw one of F’s cushions on my side of the bed. Lately he’s been leaving a bunch of crap on my side of the bed and I have not been pleased by that. I picked up the pillow and threw it over to his side of the bed. F got angry at me and shut the doors to my part of the room. He had to take down some of my laundry stuff to do it. 


I was annoyed, but I didn’t care that much. It was nice not to have to look at F or worry if I was bothering him. 


A bit after 11 I went downstairs and took a shower, then came back upstairs to blog and do my usual stuff. I think F is asleep, but I don’t really care. 


Anyway, I have no idea how this weekend is going to go. If F is too much for me I may go off and spend time by myself. We shall see. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: