February 24, 2024

Saturday - Cloudy and cold


I woke up early this morning, got up and then came back to bed and slept on! I dragged myself out of bed around noon and got dressed. 


F came upstairs and wanted to go out for lunch. He wanted to try his eel restaurant again as they have a cheap lunch. We got there and it looked like they were already closed, so we kept going. We ended up at a new to us place, a little Korean spot across town that I’ve wanted to go to for ages. We were the only customers there for a while and looked over the menu. I picked what I wanted to have, but F was a bit strange I think. He wanted to buy two or three main dishes and swap them. The thing was, they were all set meals so we’d get too many extra things. And, I didn’t want some of the dishes anyway. I finally had to say to him that I just wanted what I wanted and that was it. He seemed taken aback. I had bibinba, yes, the same sort of thing as I had last night, but quite different in actuality. The bibinba was great and here it came with soup, kimchi, and a few other side dishes. F had yakiniku, which looked nice, but he didn’t seem too impressed really. 


After our meal, we tried to go to S-Mall for coffee, but we couldn’t get a good parking space and I didn’t want F to park on the roof. I suggested going over to Komeda instead. That’s what we did.


Komeda was busy and we couldn’t see a parking space, so we went to Daiso first. F had to leave while I was shopping, so he left and I shopped. I got my stuff and went through the self checkout . When I got outside, he wasn’t in the car! He did come back soon though. 


We went to Komeda and had a cup of coffee each. I had decaf, F had regular. As often happens when we’re relaxing together, F started to feel unwell and wanted to leave and go back to the house.


That’s what we did. We went back to the house and F spent time with his sister and mother. I think he did something with his fish too. I went upstairs and spent time with my lovely computer.


F came upstairs around 7 pm and wanted to talk about dinner. I wasn’t sure what to have, I suggested Keiten sushi and after a bit F decided to go there with me. I asked him to make a reservation, which he did. Our time was 7:50-8:00pm, so we had a bit of relaxation time. 


We drove over to Kura-Sushi and had an okay meal. I liked it more than F did. F ate quite a bit which surprised me!


We came back to the house afterwards, via the grocery store. I had suggested to F that he get something for his mother’s breakfast that she could just grab if he wanted to sleep in. He bought fish to cook. That he is going to cook. Huh?He’s a good son, but I was hoping he’d relax a bit more this weekend. 


At the house, F did stuff downstairs, I went upstairs to warm up the room etc. F came back to the room after 10 pm, I went downstairs and took a shower and then came upstairs to warm up and watch FBI. F went to bed fairly soon after midnight and I do not want to stay up as late tonight as I did last night!


I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. I have to get in some groceries for the coming week, but I also would like to get a new pot for cooking. If we have time I wouldn’t mind visiting a second hand shop for the pan, but we’ll see how it goes.


Come back later if you like and hear about my Sunday. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: