October 2010 Books

I finished 3 books in October. Two were detective novels with female detectives, the other was a romantic modern tale that, truthfully, left me cold. Fave of the month? U is for Undertow!



  • 18) U is for Undertow - Sue Grafton (October 27, 2010)

    My favourite female PI is back in Sue Grafton's Alphabet series. Kinsey Milhone, the detective with only one all-purpose dress is hired to find out if a young man's long repressed memory is true. What she finds is a mystery involving dead dogs, kidnapping and murder. Along the way there's a bit of family interaction as well. Will Kinsey become closer to her estranged family?

    As always, a great read. It was hard to put this one down, and if you are a fan of Sue Grafton, absolutely worth reading!



  • 17) Star Struck - Val McDermid (October 21, 2010)

    A fun fast read about a private investigator who is hired to protect a female soap opera star in Manchester. There are parallels to Coronation Street of course, and the characters are interesting. It's not as good as her Wire in the Blood series, but it is enjoyable. Not a deep novel by any means.



  • 16) The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger (October 13, 2010)

    I have been reading this book for more than a month. Not because it is particularily good, but because I've only been able to read it in small doses. I liked it while I was reading it, but to be honest, the ending left me cold. I thought it was a complete letdown. I saw the movie before I read the book and I liked the movie much more. Well written, but just not quite for me.

  • No comments: