July 24, 2012


Tuesday - Rainy and terribly humid

An okay day.

When I went to bed last night I couldn’t sleep.  I’d asked F to buy me some Milk Tea at the store last night and after drinking some, I think the sugar and the caffeine did me in. I tossed and turned for well over an hour, probably two. I slept in a bit this morning but I was so tired, I didn’t have much choice.

I got up, showered and watched SATC.  I made myself some breakfast today. I had instant oatmeal and yogurt, that was nice.  Plus, I also tried some orzo that I had bought a long time ago. It doesn’t really taste like coffee, but since it has been so long since I had any, it worked for me! No caffeine.  Yay.

I did take a bit of a nap in the afternoon, I was so tired that I needed it.  I got up and when it was time, made my lunch.  It had been raining all morning and afternoon and the humidity in the apartment was awful.  I was dripping with sweat.  Yuck.

Lunch was good and I watched The Ellen Show. It was her birthday episode and there were some really cool guests on it.  I know that her birthday was a long time ago, but we just got the episode.  

I left for work on time but did a lot of swearing as my bike kept getting tangled in with other peoples, and there were huge cobwebs on the bikes too.  

At my school I got the place cooled down and then did the other pre-lesson things I do.  I did a last minute check of the lesson, some final photo-copying and then waited for my student.  The phone rang at 5:00 pm and I thought it was her, but it wasn’t.  It was F, calling to say he’d be late tonight. He’d forgotten I had a class.  After 10 minutes I called my student and after a few more she called me back.  She couldn’t come today. Sigh.  We rechecked the schedule and hung up.  

I did a bit of reading and then I did my paperwork.  I even washed the dishes that I’ve been using recently.  I texted F to see if he was done and a few minutes later he called me back.  

He picked me up and we went to Cocos for dinner tonight.  F had Jambalaya and I had a taco salad. It was okay, although I would have liked more protein in it.  

We came home and tonight watched Airport ’75.  That’s the one with Charlton Heston and Karen Black where a small plane flies into a passenger jet.  I remember seeing it at a theatre in Scotland with my family! It was so bad.  

F went to bed around midnight and I’m still up. I do think I’ll try going to bed earlier tonight as I have to get some sleep!  That’s it for me.  Night.

No comments: