January 17, 2014


Friday - Snowy but clear, not too cold

A good day!

I got up a little late this morning and then proceeded to fall asleep on the couch.  I woke up a lot later a little disoriented.  I had a lot of things to do today, so I was rather annoyed at myself.  

I had some breakfast, checked my email, dealt with my email and then did a bit of laundry.  In the afternoon I also scanned some cards.  Correction, I scanned A LOT of cards!  This week I received a lot of cards in the mail and I wanted to get them all scanned before the weekend.

Around 4:30 I decided that I had better go to the post office as I had to mail some cards, and send off a swap that I was doing.  I dressed and raced off.  I was quite surprised how quickly I managed to get there, but it wasn't too good for my beleaguered lungs.  I got to the post office, mailed my cards, and headed back home, a little slower.  

Back at the apartment, I shovelled a little bit of snow from in front of the apartment building and also from F's parking space.  Then, I went back into the apartment and hung up another load of laundry.  

F came home around his usual time, or perhaps a few minutes later.  Soon after he arrived, I got started on dinner.  Tonight we had spinach fettuccine with mushroom alfredo sauce (from a jar, very yum), plus sautéed salmon and salad.  It all worked out and was quite nice.  However, F had a beer with dinner, after checking that I didn't need/want to go out. As soon as dinner was over, he went to bed!  He didn't even do the dishes.  I haven't seen him since 7:45 and it's well past 2 am now.  

I spent the evening working on my hat and I'm glad to say that I have finished it.  I love it!  I'm debating putting pom-poms on the ends of the cord because, well, POM-POMS! I did all the darning in of ends and crocheted it together.  I like it a lot.  It's a little heavy, but very warm. I'll try and get a picture of it up in the next couple of days.

And that's about it.  I've spent a quiet evening in the living room by myself. I watched a lot of TV, but I've enjoyed myself to be honest. I'll talk to you tomorrow most likely.  Night.

  

No comments: