January 27, 2014


Monday - Sunny then cloudy with snow

A good day.

I got up at my first alarm and came through to the living room.  I turned on the heater and my computer, spent a few minutes in front of one then took my shower.

During Ghost Whisperer I made myself a couple of chicken salad sandwiches.  That was rather dumb as I was planning to go out for lunch! I got dressed and when the time came, went outside to meet my friend.  My cellphone rang and it was my husband!  He was inviting me out for lunch today.  I reminded him that I had a date, and asked for a raincheck.  

My friend and I had a nice, casual lunch at Subway, then some nice ice cream from Baskin-Robbins.  After that, we went for a drive out to Mikawa of all places.  We were looking for winter gear for her and her family.  We found some, but not all of what she wanted.  

She drove me back into Tsuruoka and left me off at my apartment.  It was a great time!

At home, I watched some TV, and then decided to get the table cleared off for dinner.  I did some dishes too, and made the kitchen look half decent again.  I was watching a movie that I found on WOWOW called Trust.  It was about a family whose daughter had a relationship with an on-line predator.  I had heard of it before, but it surprised me with how good it actually was.  Biggest surprise?  The director was David Schwimmer, also known as Ross from Friends!  

F didn't come home until well after 6 pm.  He was exhausted, poor thing.  I suggested he relax for a while, but he wanted to get dinner underway soon.  He prepped a bunch of the vegetables and soon we were able to eat.  We had a duck nabe and it was nice.  I enjoyed it.

I did the dishes and then settled in front of my computer for a bit.  F watched boxing and I ignored it as best I could!  When 10 pm came I watched Elementary and F took his bath.  At 11 I went over to the couch to darn in some ends on my lap-rug, but F came back into the living room and made so much noise.  I was really a bit upset with him. It was the last show of the season and a lot of things were happening that I couldn't hear.  Still, I didn't say anything and he finally went off to bed.

I've written a couple of postcards tonight and I've watched a bit of TV.  It's been quite a nice night really.  

Tomorrow, if the weather is nice I might go out to the bank machine or grab a tea out somewhere.  That might be fun.  Come back and see what I get up to.  Night.

No comments: