May 13, 2015

Wednesday - Cloudy, rainy and then thundery

A good day, but bumpy start.  This morning the first thing I remember was my cell phone shrieking an earthquake alert.  Yikes.  F and I jumped out of bed and checked the TV.  Sure enough, the other coast had been hit by another earthquake.  It was a level 5 over there, but only a 3 here.  It did hit us a few minutes later, but was so mild it probably wouldn’t have woken us up.  A few minutes later, I went back to bed and fell asleep again.

My alarm went off at 8 am this morning, but I hit the snooze button.  Unfortunately, I didn’t wake up properly until 8:30 and I was planning to leave in 20 minutes.  I had to run.  I got dressed and then left to go on my way to the theater.  I made good time, but my friend hadn’t arrived yet. I bought my tickets and then my popcorn and went in.  I tried to call her and finally did.  She said she was in the parking lot.  A few minutes she arrived and took her seat.  We saw Boyhood and it was really good.  It was quite amazing seeing the changes in people over the 12 years of the film.  It was a great little movie and we both enjoyed it

After the film we had lunch at the Daiichi Hotel.  I had the fish today, my friend had beef.  We had a lot of great chat and ended our visit with a little march around the mall.  She dropped me off at home and I came inside.  

Instead of doing the lobby like I had planned, I ended up watching We’re the Millers from the DVR.  It was okay, but I erased it afterwards.  F wouldn’t get the whole drug thing and I don’t think he’d find it funny.  

When F came home he was again not feeling well.  He suggested ordering in sushi, and that’s what we did.  It was a good choice tonight.  I washed up the dishes afterwards and even later tonight I served us some of our mincemeat tarts with some greek yogurt.  Yum.  They were very nice that way.


We had a quiet night in.  I’ve spent the last couple of hours falling asleep at my computer. I’m rather saddened as I’d far prefer to fall asleep in bed!  Well, that is something that I’m going to try right now.  Wish me luck with it!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: