August 24, 2016

Wednesday - Hot and sunny

A good day.

I woke up early this morning so of course I decided to sleep a little longer and overslept.  Sigh.  Still, I really don’t care that much!  I got up, had my breakfast and tea and in a while I got dressed.  After that, I did some laundry today.  Lots of laundry actually.  I decided that I needed to have some clean clothes for next week!

I finally got a start on my column.  It wasn’t a big start, but I have a topic and a list of movies that I’m going to talk about so that is a good thing.  I’m rather glad about that.

I had a nice quesadilla for lunch.  It had leftover chicken, tomatoes, cheese and basil in it.  Yum.  I really enjoyed it.  

I did all the dishes up before F came home. I prefer to do everything at once.

 Tonight we had dinner at Krippa, the Nepali-Indian restaurant we like.  However…big surprise.  The people running the restaurant seem to have changed.  There were an older couple running it before, now there is a younger guy working there.  He doesn’t speak Japanese very well, seems to speak a bit of English though.  The menu has changed now too, so I had a daal curry and F had my usual saag chicken curry.  We actually shared them tonight, and had some extra naan too as it seemed to be on offer.  The younger guy said that he’d been here for two months.  I told F it had been a long time since we went there.  The food was okay, but neither of us liked it as much as we did before.  

We did some grocery shopping after that.  I’m going to do a stir-fry tomorrow night I think, and then something interesting on Friday!  That’s the plan anyway. We did have a bit of a nasty shock at the grocery store though.  When I got out of the car, I noticed that the car's fender was detached so I told F about it.  When he looked closer at the back, he noticed that someone or something had hit the back of the car and scratched the paint.  This was a brand new back of the car as he'd just got it replaced after the accident.  Someone must have hit him and then just driven away.  He's not even sure where it happened, but is understandably quite upset.  

We came home and went for a short walk.  I was so stuffed from dinner, I didn’t really want to move very much, and I’m not sure if F really felt like it or not.  Still, we went and we didn’t fight, so that was good.

At home, I watched a bit of TV and surfed the net, then F went to bed for a nap before taking a bath.  When he finished his bath, he zonked out in bed.  I stayed up and crocheted and then came back to my lovely computer.  

And that’s about it.  I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow, but I’m hoping to do a lot of writing and or watching movies for my column.  Come back in a bit and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: