August 25, 2016

Thursday - Hot and Sunny

A good day.

I got up right on time this morning and watched The X-Files which is on again.  I’m not sure if watching Mulder and Scully while I eat breakfast is really a sensible thing to do, but it is a fun thing to do.  I had a quiet, usual sort of morning, and had to scramble to get out of the way for F when he came home for lunch.  He came without bringing a bento, so his meal today was cereal and an ice cream.  We’re a healthy lot here.

After he left I watched some of a movie and worked on my computer stuff.  I also decided to (re)watch a movie for my column because it had literally been years since I had seen it.  It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t great.  The actor I am featuring was pretty good in it though. 

I had my lunch today too, which was two year old onion cup a soup and cereal because I couldn’t be bothered with anything else!

I watched the fourth in a series of documentaries How We Got to Now on NHK.  I’ve been watching these all week and they are fabulous.  Today’s was about glass…first glass was discovered and then it was shaped and changed.  Around the same time the printing press came along, there was a need for helping people with bad eyesight too, so primitive glasses were created!  And it just sort of spiralled from there.  Terribly fascinating.  

I prepped for dinner while I was watching the documentary.  I was making a stir-fry so I had to cut up a few veggies.  I was fairly smart this time, I only used 4 types of vegetables and didn’t go overboard with the amounts of them.  I followed a recipe and mixed soy sauce with some sweet chilli sauce too.  When F came home, I let him have a few minutes to himself and then I started cooking.  I did cook some chicken too, then did the vegetables and then mixed them back together.  Everything turned out really well and we had a nice dinner.  F didn’t complain about getting too much meat, as well he shouldn’t! I even have enough stir-fry left for my lunch.

F wanted to go for a walk tonight so off we went a bit after 8.  We did a biggish circuit tonight, about 3.6 km.  We did stop off in a convenience store for ice cream and drinks.  I had oodles of calories left for a change, and going for a walk just made it “worse”!

We came home and at 10 pm I watched Bones and did some more crochet.  I got 2 rows done on each of my panels.  Yay.  And, I’ve basically finished one of the yarn colours, so that is cool too.  

And that is mostly my day.  I did have a bit of an odd moment when I realized that today is the anniversary of my father’s death, and I hadn’t even thought about it until the end of the day.  It has been a long time since it happened. 

Tomorrow I might watch another movie for my column or hopefully just write the damn thing!  Come back later and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….


No comments: