August 26, 2016

Friday - Rainy

A good day.

I got up this morning right on time.  I was a bit surprised because it was quite dark outside, so I didn’t feel like getting up, but I did. Yay me.  I watched The X-Files and had some tea and breakfast.  I also watched most of Castle again, but snoozed through the last few minutes of it.

I scrambled to get the bed made and me to get dressed just before F came home but I managed.  He came home and made himself some instant ramen and then went back to work.  I had a good afternoon.  I wrote a little bit of my column and I watched another movie for it.  It wasn’t bad, was actually quite fun!

Around 5 I watched the next bit of that documentary and got dinner started.  I was making a new dish that I’d read about in a Japanese cooking group…basically slices of zucchini with minced meat on them, topped with cheese and panko, baked in the toaster oven.  I tried it and you know, it was very nice!  My friend had given me a big zucchini so it was a good thing to try.  
F, when he came home, was tired again so I tried to get dinner done quickly.  I think I mostly managed.  It wasn’t too big of a deal.  There was the zucchini meat things, miso soup from a packet, salad with tomatoes and lightly pickled onions.  It was a nice meal.  

F did the dishes and then hassled me a little bit about going on a walk.  Although I really wanted to stay home and watch Castle, I decided that I’d enjoy a walk, so agreed to go. 

We got dressed up for going, got outside and it was raining.  F was all set to abandon the walk, but I suggested taking our umbrellas.  I think it was a good idea honestly.  We set off and walked something like 4 km.  Of course, we did stop off for ice cream again, but no big deal!  

At home again, I watched a bit of TV while F snoozed on the couch.  I worked on my computer stuff for a while and watched some TV both “live” and from the DVR.  I’ll probably go to bed soon as I’m rather tired tonight.


So, that was my day.  Tomorrow we have a trip to the doctor for a quick update, then I’m not sure what we’ll get up to.  I’m hoping a trip to the mall to have a new battery put in my watch will be part of the day, but I’m not sure yet.  Come back later and find out what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: