May 8, 2018

Tuesday - Cloudy and cold.

A better day.

I got up a few minutes late this morning as I had forgotten to set my alarms.  However, I still woke up as usual so maybe that was a good thing. I watched the news from the bed and finally got up and dressed after it was over.  I had a quiet morning really.  When I went downstairs for breakfast I started a load of laundry, hung it up in the room when it was finished. 

I had a very quiet day today.  I watched a couple of shows off the dvr and even watched a bit of YouTube. I started with Hugh Grant and ended up watching the Graham Norton Show with Meryl Streep, James McAvoy and Mark Ruffalo.  It was rather funny. Mark Ruffalo can ride a unicycle!  James McAvoy can too, but not as well.

My lunch was a bit late today but was fine. I had my usual sandwich and salad, quite good.  When I went down later to wash dishes, K had left some rice soaking in the sink.  I moved it and then as I saw her explained what I did. Or tried to. 

F didn’t phone me again today, but he was mildly nicer tonight.  It got better as the night went on. I asked him if he’d like to go for a walk with me and he said yes.  We first went out for a few groceries and apart from F listening to a radio drama in the car was almost pleasant.

We bought groceries and brought them back to the house.  I did my frozen pasta and chicken again for dinner.  It was good.  I gave K a piece of cake for her dessert.  My friend on Sunday gave us a roll cake for visiting, so I cut a slice off for K.  

While I was eating I turned on Bondi Beach Vet which I usually don’t watch. It was interesting tonight.  A Jack Russell terrier was getting sick from something in the garden.  The perp? Cane Toads!  At night the toads would cross the garden and the dog would try to bite them.  They’re poisonous.  It was a cool story.

F and I did go for a walk, we did once around the park at Komangi Park and then came back to the house.  It was cold and my knee hurt a bit.  

I asked F if he’d like to watch The Good Doctor, so we did.  It was quite good tonight, it was the one with the patient who looked like his brother. We both liked it.  
Around midnight I went over for a cuddle and I got one back.  Things are de-escalating although I think food will always be a trigger.  F thinks that Japanese food is delicious and healthy by default, I think that some of it is and a lot of the stuff he likes isn’t healthy.  It’s an old argument.

And that’s about it for my day.  So, things are a little better, but they aren’t perfect yet. Come back later and see what I get up to later on.  Until tomorrow….






No comments: