October 10, 2018

Wednesday - Cloudy and rainy

A good day.

I overslept this morning and dragged myself out of bed around 9 this morning. Yikes.  I had things to do!  I got dressed, made the bed, caught up with my telly. Around 10:30, I went downstairs to make soup.

Today, I made bacon and hakusai soup.  I had made it once before, but I didn’t write it down at all. Last night, I’d scoped out a few recipes, but mostly made it up as I went along. I used a quarter of a hakusai, some bacon, two potatoes and an onion. Oh, and some of my chicken consomm√© cubes.  I put it all in my slow cooker and left it.  At one point I even had to go and get a tissue from K as the onion was so strong I was in tears!

I also received a book from a friend across the country today, and an Audrey Hepburn postcard that I liked. Yay.  

After the soup was on, I went back upstairs and had lunch and so on. I didn’t catch up with the weekend TV yet, but I did watch a lot of last night’s and today’s.  

F called after 5:30 today to ask if he should bring something and I asked for some soft French bread. I thought French bread and my lovely soup would be a good thing, and it was!

Sadly, when he got here, F let me know that he wasn’t feeling too great. I told him not to worry if he couldn’t eat much soup, I wouldn’t hold it against him.  

I got dinner on the table fairly quickly. We had soup and bread. I’d cut some of the loaf and buttered half of it.  I liked the simplicity of the meal. It seemed a bit rustic. F liked it, but didn’t eat all that much, K really did like it. She even took seconds, as did I! 

After dinner, I did the dishes, both washing and drying. It wasn’t a huge deal since there weren’t that many, but a little help would have been nice. I managed to soak the front of my t-shirt, however!

F asked if I’d like to go to the drugstore and I said yes.  He needed some medicine. I needed to get out of the house!  We went to Tsuruha for a few minutes then came back to the house.

I came upstairs and watched some TV, F watched some downstairs before he came up.  I went down and did up the garbage for taking out tomorrow.  

So that’s really about it. It wasn’t an exciting day, but the soup I made was good and I got out of the house. Both good things.

No idea what I’ll get up to tomorrow, so come on back later and find out. Until tomorrow….

No comments: