March 13, 2019

Wednesday - Rainy and snowy and windy

I woke up first this morning around 6:30. I have the feeling that it was because my MIL was up and banged the doors downstairs. She can’t hear how noisy she is, like mother, like son I guess. I got up later around 8 and watched the news then ER.

I had a fairly quiet morning. I did see K early on, but then not in the afternoon. I watched a bit of TV but also took a nap. I was really sleepy. I slept for a bit longer than I planned, but it was less than an hour. 

When I got up I watched a bit more telly and then grabbed my lunch. I had half of the leftover pasta and it was good. I left half for K but she didn’t have it. I put it back on my shelf in the fridge for myself tomorrow.

I had planned to do some Postcrossings today but found myself around 3 pm not having done any. Sigh. Don’t know why really. 

F wasn’t too late tonight. He was back here before 6 pm so that was good. We decided to have bentos tonight and I asked that we visit the Gyomu Supa as I wanted some staples for the freezer. I picked up some broccoli and some cauliflower, some pilaf and chahan and also some spinach cake. 

It was nasty outside as the snow was coming down. It wasn’t really staying, but the wind was up and the snow made it hard to see. We drove to the bento shop and had a hard time parking there. We ordered our bento and then got them about 5 minutes later.

We drove back to the house and had our meal. F wanted all sorts of add ons to the meal. He’s obsessed with soup. I like it most of the time, but instant tends to be salty.  Dinner was fine, we all got good bentos. I got delegated to do dishes again by myself. I got everything washed and was just going to rinse the bento boxes when F came in and wanted to take over. Sure, that way I get to wash AND dry the dishes. Thanks but no thanks. I suggested he just dry the dishes in the sink which he did. 

We went out soon afterwards to the onsen. I took my knitting, F took his towel. I enjoyed listening to a podcast and knitting some of my scarf while he took his bath. When he came out we drove back to Tsuruoka. 

We hemmed and hawed about going grocery shopping again. Finally, we turned around and went back to MaxValu. We got things to make a nabe and also got K something for her lunch tomorrow. I’m worried that she isn’t eating much these days. She doesn’t cook a lot now and since there are never leftovers when I cook, I don’t know what she eats. 

We came back to the house and put away the groceries and came upstairs. I watched The Blacklist and as always, enjoyed it. We chilled out a bit. I made us both some tea and then F had to have some noodles. No big whoop really. 

That’s about it for me for tonight. The wind is wuthering around the house at the moment, it feels like the roof might come off, but I hope it won’t!  


Come back later and see if we survive the night or if we make a quick trip to Kansas!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: