May 20, 2019

Monday - Sunny and warm

I got up this morning at a good time, but it was a bit difficult!  I watched some news, dozed a little too, before watching ER and getting dressed.  I ended up having a quiet morning and afternoon really.  

I probably should have done laundry today but didn’t. I just didn’t feel it. I managed to watch quite a bit of stuff off the DVR though, so that was good. I did say good morning to K today when I grabbed my breakfast, so that was good too. I worry that she expects me to hunt her down to say good morning. I’m not going to do that. If I see her (and she sees me) I will say good morning, but I’m not going to chase after her or start yelling good morning at her!  

In the afternoon I did my dishes and got a start on dinner. I made more hibiscus tea and set up the garlic soy marinade for the pork.  I combined those and put them back in the fridge for a while. 

When F called to say he was coming I finished what I was doing then went downstairs to start dinner prep. I think he was surprised when he arrived at how far I was and how organized I was. I was surprised that he kept standing IN MY WAY! I don’t have time to stand and chat when I’m cooking.  I set the table tonight along with all the other stuff I did. We had a nice meal. We had garlic pork, marinated mushrooms, broccoli, salad and F and K had rice too. I didn’t.

F washed the dishes and I dried them, so no arguments there. F took in the sink board out to fix it and I washed the frypan and then went upstairs for a rest.

When F was finished, we went over to Yupoka, his spa. F took a bath, I spent some time in the lobby reading my book and trying to get the wifi to work. I didn’t manage much.

After F was finished, we came back to Tsuruoka and went to MaxValu. We ended up getting something for dinner tomorrow night, yes, I’ll be cooking two nights in a row!  We came back to the house after that.

I had a quiet evening in a way. I took a shower and F walked to the local convenience store to pick something up. He couldn’t drive as he’d already had a drink. I watched So You Think You Can Dance and was a bit surprised at the results.  Two of the most talented dancers on the show were eliminated…the one the judges kept warning got to stay on. It wasn’t fair. 

Anyway, that’s about it for me. I’m tired as these hot days are making me rather drained.  What will it be like when summer gets here? I don’t want to think about it.  Come back later if you like and see how Tuesday goes. Until tomorrow….

No comments: