May 19, 2019

Sunday - Sunny and hot

F and I slept in a little this morning, but when I got up to make a run to the washroom, he was downstairs with his mother eating. He’d made her some breakfast.  They ended up going out to the onsen while I slept a bit late.  I did get up though and just relaxed a bit. 

We went out for lunch, the two of us, around 12. I asked for Futaba, but when we got there, they were booked for a private party so we didn’t go in. I then suggested Hyakkenbori by the lake. We went there and had a lovely meal. At first, F was quite nasty about choosing a place to eat at. He gave me a budget and I try really hard to stay in it. My two restaurants were super close to the budget, and he knew it. I was told not to worry about what he can eat, so after a bit, I decided to just please myself. Anyway, I had herb chicken and F had the daily fish which was trout today. We got to use the wifi there and the atmosphere is so nice that I don’t really understand why he doesn’t like the place. 

After lunch, we ran a few errands. I needed to get a new circular knitting needle as I noticed last night that mine’s cord was breaking and soon wouldn’t be much good for me. I got that and a few other little things like crochet cotton. After my shopping, we went and had some coffee in Doutor.

We picked up our groceries for the next couple of days too. I will probably do some garlic pork again, plus a veg or something out of the freezer. I got stuff for my lunches too. We also picked up a bento for K’s dinner. 

Back at the house, I had a break. F, on the other hand, cleaned the car. Earlier in the day he had cleaned out the outside, now he washed the car.  Yay for him.  

Around 5:20 I changed and F and I left for the meeting place.  

We met with some of my friends and then drove off to a house off in the boonies. The view was gorgeous. We went to celebrate Iftar with some of the local Muslims in the area. It was my second experience and my husband’s first and it was quite different than my first.  Still, it was a lovely time and it was great to be able to eat so many different foods. The prayers were upstairs and done in shifts I believe, as the room was very small and not everyone would fit in the room at once. 

We left around 10 pm and drove back to Tsuruoka. We dropped people off at the meeting place and said goodbye to them and my friends.  

F and I were going to drive back to the house when he decided he needed to buy gas.  On the way, we stopped into a grocery store and bought a few things.  We got the gas and then came back to the house.

I prepped the garbage for tomorrow’s collection and left it by the door for F. I watched a little bit of TV but had missed most of the programme, so I checked when the rebroadcast is and set my DVR for it. 

And that’s about it. It has been quite a lovely weekend, but it passed so quickly! F complained that it was so fast he didn’t feel like he had a full weekend at all. 

Tomorrow I will likely cook dinner again and I’m hoping to do some of the things I’ve been neglecting over the last few weeks. Come back later and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….


No comments: