June 26, 2019

Wednesday - Hot and Sunny

Today turned out better than I thought it would!  I got up this morning and turned on the TV so I could watch the news. I got up around the time ER started so I could watch it. F did get up but came back upstairs, rather perturbed that his mother didn’t want to go to the doctor’s office anymore. 

F went off by himself and I amused myself at the house.  An hour or so later, he came back and we went out for lunch. I wasn’t wearing anything special, but I was neat and tidy at least, F was wearing jeans and an old t-shirt with short sleeves. It really cut down on the places that I could suggest. I declined to suggest a place.  F started driving and we ended up going to a Korean place that we went once before.  It wasn’t great. I had a bibinba that was so spicy and hot I could barely eat it, and F had ramen which of course he didn’t like. He did have a reason though, they’d given him big pieces of raw cabbage in it! Strange.

After lunch, we went shopping for my niece’s birthday present. We tried my usual drugstore. The clerk was trying to be helpful, but we didn’t want any help just then.  We left and went to another place. I found a few things there, plus some sunscreen for myself. 

We went over to Musashi, the hardware shop and picked up some bug killer and I got a plant pot for my rosemary cuttings that I wanted to plant.

We were rather thirsty after all of that, so I suggested going to S-Mall. I was trying to tempt F into having ice cream, but he wasn’t really interested.  We hacked around the hundred yen shop, then spent much too much time in Doutor. 

It was about 6 pm before we went back to the house. We took the shopping for the night back with us and a bento for K as well.  While we were there, F planted my rosemary which irritated me to no end as could be expected. I was planning to do that tomorrow by myself. I have no idea what gave him the right to do that. 

We went out again to have dinner. Before we arrived at the house, F wanted to go to one restaurant that is rather sexist (they give women less rice but charge them the same as men). I said I’d go, but in the car, I suggested a couple of other fish restaurants that he likes. His favourite was too busy, but the other one was fine and we had a nice meal. We both had donburi bowls of tuna and negitoro and shared a tuna, shrimp and avocado salad. It was good.

We came back to the house after dinner and chilled out. I watched Suits and then Grey’s Anatomy. It was a rather good but sad episode that covered a lot of time which was interesting in the way they did it. 

F found a video on the net about the US Government lawyer speaking in front of judges saying that the government didn’t have to provide soap or toothbrushes to the children in the immigration centres. He seemed really shocked. I had told him about it but I don’t think he listens to me or he didn’t think it was a real thing. We had an interesting discussion about it. 

And that’s about it for the day. I watched the end of Gattaca, which is a great little sci-fi movie. I always forget that Jude Law is in the film.  

Tomorrow F is back to work and I’m back in my hot little room at the top of the stairs. Come back later and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….


No comments: