March 15, 2008

Saturday

A little drizzly.

A quite good day. Today I allowed myself to sleep in a few minutes longer as I didn't have my earlyish class. That was nice. I also watched Criminal Minds which was okay. It was about stopping a terrorist plot. Made a nice change from the serial killers they usually do.

Hubby and I had a lovely brunch at Gusto. I had hamburger and chicken which was quite good. After brunch I ran over to the store nearby to pick up a big bottle of oolong tea. Then, I got dropped off at my school.

I changed and got to work immediately. I hadn't checked my lessons very much last night because I knew I'd have a bit of time to work on them today. I made sure that the "maybe" student's was ready to go and then looked at the others. I realized that the last student of the day was going to go through what I'd prepped really quickly and then got something else ready for her. The kids class that was at 3 o'clock...oh my gosh. I had a ton of cards to prepare. I don't know what I was thinking. I got as many of them ready as I could before 2 pm, so that I could at least do the class topic. Just before 2 I cleaned everything up so that if the student came I'd be prepared for her. But, she didn't come. Whew! She hadn't made an appointment exactly, just at one point had told me she could come the entire month of March, and then started to cancel classes. She never really mentioned today, so I didn't count it as an absence. I used the extra time to finish up the kids lesson.

The classes that I had today went well and we all seemed to have a good time. Hurray. It wasn't until almost 6 though that I was finished enough to call my hubby.

He picked me up and we went over to S-Mall and had coffee. A nice break in the day. Then, we came home for a bit, and then went out again for dinner to Jiro. We both had pork saute in garlic oil. Yum. It was very very good.

We came home again and tonight watched St. Elmo's Fire. I was happy to see it again, I'm not sure what Fumihiko thought of it. Some of the things were good, Rob Lowe was very cute back then, and Andrew McCarthy looked as troubled as always. I stole the idea of calling my stepmother "stepmonster" from that film too....Blast from the past really.

Hubby tried valiently to stay awake for Grey's Anatomy, but didn't make it. He went to bed in the middle. I watched it and Project Runway. I enjoyed the show tonight. Most of the dresses even looked nice!

I spent the last couple of hours playing computer games and watching Charlie's Angels. You know, I really quite like that show. I didn't get to watch it as a teenager on the farm...we didn't get the right channels for that. Anyway, it's terribly late now and I really must get some sleep. How will I get over my cold if I don't sleep?

Night.

No comments: