March 17, 2008



Monday

Cloudy but not rainy. Yes!


A good day. I went to bed terribly late last night because I had so much blog stuff to do. I did that, and then went to bed. When my alarm went this morning, I got up, went into the living room, turned on the heater and promptly fell asleep on the couch for a couple of hours. Sigh. Oh well, it was my day off after all.

When I roused myself I spent a fun morning watching the weekend's CSI shows and checking out the internet. I had lunch too. I finally started that avocado I bought last week and had some gorgeous bread that we bought on the weekend. Then, around 2:30, I went out.

I needed to get to the bank to pay my school's water bill. I made it to the bank about 10 minutes before it closed. I used to hate customers that did that! However, I did fill out my own form and while I didn't have correct change, I did give as close as I could to the teller. I was in the bank when they brought down the big metal shutters and I was let out a side door. Very intriguing for me. My old bank in Canada didn't have metal shutters. We just locked the doors.

I took myself off to the mall and had a snoop around the stores before going to Doutours for a cappuchino. It was great! I read some of The Subtle Knife, second in the His Dark Materials series. Very good stuff. The thing I like about it is the writing. It's just great. Easy to read, compelling stuff.

I came home and a bit later so did Fumihiko. We discussed where to go for dinner and decided to go to Moku-Moku.

We went to Moku-Moku and both had the same thing with a little variation. We had the Parisienne Plate. I'm not sure why it's called Parisienne, as it has pasta and pasta, plus salad and dessert plus coffee. I had Japanese style pasta and Fumihiko had cream style. I usually have the cream and I think I will next time too!

We headed over to Homac, a hardware store after that. I wanted to get paper for my school, but wasn't happy with their selection. I ended up buying more slippers for the school, and a few more hand towels. This way I won't have to wash them so often. Mind you, I have to wash them to start with!

Next on our list of places was Yamaya, the import foods place. I got some organic pasta, and some pasta sauce and sunflower seeds. Fumihiko got some beer or happoshu. He's always very quick to point out that it's not beer, but personally I think it's beer if it smells like beer.

We came home and watched a dvd. I wasn't sure if we'd like it or not, but I picked one I bought a few months ago called The Cat's Meow. It was based on a real crime that involved William Randolph Hearst, Charlie Chaplin and Marion Davies. I liked it. It's not a flashy movie, but a quite well done character piece with an interesting story.

We watched the end of Ugly Betty. I think tonight was the season finale. Sigh. It was tragic in many ways. I can't wait for next season. I hope that we get it over here!

And that was my day. I'd like to get to bed a little earlier tonight so I think I'll end this and try to catch a bit more sleep than last night. Wish me luck with that! Night night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Homac! Surprisingly, they do have that in Tokachi...some things they don't but they do have Homac, i love browsing around in there. Hubby always comes out with about ten thousand things we don't need, and forgets the things we did need. Sigh. :) haha

Helen said...

I'm a born browser! I love Homac too.