April 17, 2008 - Thursday

Cloudy and muggy all day, then rainy at night.

Today wasn't bad. I got up fairly early this morning and watched Re:Genesis. WOWOW is running last season in big 3 or 4 episode chunks, so I'm watching the early part that I missed before.

I showered afterwards and even had a great lunch. I reheated the leftover tempura and had that along with my omelette and a bagel with half an avocado. Yum.

I was a little nervous about leaving for my school. It looked like it would rain any second, but didn't. I was even able to go to the drugstore and get to the school without getting rained on.

I was busy. I did a bunch of general cleaning and then some prep work. I'd purposely gone early to make sure that I had time to prepare some of my lessons.

I did have a surprise today, and it wasn't a good one. My students in my first class showed up 20 minutes early. I hadn't combed my hair or brushed my teeth yet. I let them come into my school, but made them sit in the lobby for a while, then I let them into the classroom while I did the personal hygiene things I do. Sigh. After class I talked to their mum about it and she'd made a mistake about the class time. Hopefully there won't be a repeat.

My other class went well. We did a reading about music and movies, then we talked about memorable movie music. For me, there are about 3 themes that you just know...Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jaws and The Sting. I think Psycho is probably another, but I'm not sure if the shrieking thing is really music. Any that I missed? My student said Titanic, but I really HATE that film.

After work, Fumihiko picked me up and we went to Cocos for dinner. We both had the same thing, chicken salad. It was really nice. When we left the restaurant, we went to the grocery store for tomorrow's dinner. I finish work a little earlier tomorrow so I'll probably cook. I'm planning to right now anyway!

We came home and spent a quiet evening together. F's back is bothering him so he's being quiet lately. I made some instant decafe coffee which was a nice treat.

That's it. I'm out of here! Wish me luck. Night night!

No comments: