March 25, 2009 - Wednesday

Rainy, then clearing, and back to rainy again.

I got up fairly early (for ME) this morning and took my shower right away. Then, I came back and watched the news and drank coffee with Charlie. Charles Gibson, the newscaster, get your minds out of the gutter people!

I spent a bit of time on my computer but around noon I started cooking my lunch. At lunchtime. Wow. Just before 1 I headed off to my school.

It was a bit of a soggy ride there, but I made it without too much trouble. The classroom was nice and warm. I did the drying off my clothes thing and a few last minute prep things. My student arrived on time and we had a nice lesson. She's fun, she asks lots of questions and even comes prepared with a list of things to talk about!

After she left, I did paperwork, then set up for my first class tomorrow. Not hard, but I had to do some photocopying and chair setting up. I left the school.

It didn't seem like it was raining much, so I didn't wear my raincape. I made a stop in a craft store though and by the time I came out empty handed it was raining quite hard again. I decided to just make a break for home.

I got home a little before 5 and was back on my computer in no time. Fumihiko called me around 5:30 to see where I was. When he came home, he changed and we went out. We bought my bus ticket for coming home next month and found out that I don't have to have a reservation on the bus. Whew. I made Fumihiko go upstairs with me to the hundred yen shop where I headed for the wool section. I thought I might make a shawl or a blanket when I was with him in the hospital. If I make it out of crochet it doesn't matter if I have to put it down suddenly and if I use cheap wool I won't feel bad if anything happens to it. Or something like that. I got some acrylic purpley-pinky stuff, variegated yarn. Hopefully I'll do something with it. I've sort of left off with my eyelash yarn. I don't have a real plan for that at all. Sigh.

Then, we had coffee in Doutors. Yum. We talked about going out for dinner and decided to go to Hyakkenbori. We drove there, got out, walked over to the restaurant in the pouring rain...and they were full. Sigh. Change of plans. Next we went to the Grand El Sun to try there. I was a little worried because the parking lots were full, but we were okay. We got a seat in the back and had a lovely meal. Fumihiko had pasta (cabbage and scallops in a tomato cream sauce) and I had fish (suzuki). We both had appetizers and and salad. I was able to have soup too. My fish was really nice, but I thought it was just slightly overcooked. We finished with a nice cup of coffee.

We visited my school again to take the shopping from the other night, and to set the heater. I couldn't do it earlier as the timer only works for 24 hours and I wouldn't be back at the school for 26 or so hours.

We hit the grocery store for a few supplies and then came home for the rest of the Ugly Betty episodes that were listed in the paper.

It was quite a quiet evening all told. Nice though.

That's it for me. Tomorrow I have to work late, so we're either going to have pasta at home or go out. Depends what Fumihiko and I feel like tomorrow night. Bye!

No comments: