April 19, 2009 - Sunday

Sunny and warm.

Today was quite a nice day. I got up a little late, but not too bad. Fumihiko was giving and receiving lots of cuddles so he didn't seem to mind too much.

We went out to the post office first to pick up my parcel. It was my first incoming Bookmooch. Hurray for that. I've already started it. It's Timeline by Michael Crichton. We had lunch at the Grande El Sun and it was nice. After that, we planned to go fishing.

Fumihiko had to run a few errands to get some gear for the type of fish that he was hoping to catch, so we visited a couple of shops, then came home to change and pick up more gear.

We headed out to Sakata Port. We drove around for a while looking for the best place for us, and then parked. Fumihiko set everything up for me and we fished for a bit. It was very windy and cold, and the fish weren't biting. Neither of us caught anything. We came back to Tsuruoka around 7 pm.

We had dinner at Edoichi, the yakiniku buffet. It was okay. It wasn't great, but I didn't eat too much for a change, so hurray for that.

We came home via MaxValu for a few groceries. I'm going to use my slow cooker tomorrow to cook dinner, so I needed a few supplies. Pork roast and veggies. Yum. I hope.

We really had a quiet night at home. Fumihiko watched the last episode of Project Runway, but I don't think he really watched it too carefully. Oh well, his loss. He's just gone to bed now.

Tomorrow is the first day that Fumihiko will be at work this month. I hope it goes well for him. We forgot to get him some rice for the morning, but there are English Muffins, so he can eat something if he wants to.

Well, I really need an early night as last night I was up until 4:30 am watching telly. It was getting light then. So, I'm off. Night night.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I just finished reading Timeline. LOL! I passed it on to someone too, but not through Bookmooch. It was enjoyable I thought. Not his best, but I liked it.

Helen said...

Funny how that works, isn't it? Great minds think alike.