May 21, 2009 - Thursday

Sunny then cloudy.

Today was quite a good day. I got up on time, showered quite early and then went out to the post office to mail off the coat. After that, I went to a convenience store and got a sandwich for my breakfast. I came home and ate it, plus did a lot of laundry. I did three loads of my stuff, and I also watched Wallander again. Kenneth baby is very good in it. Terribly worldly weary. Not the firebrand that he was in Hamlet or Much Ado.

In the afternoon I was delighted to find out that Cold Case was back on. Even though they are repeats, I still get verklempt at the show. I rode off to work and made good time. The only bad spot was just as I got near my school, a small bug flew in my eye. Ouch. It took me about 20 minutes to get it all out. It was a stubborn little sucker. My eye still feels a bit sore. I hope I didn't scratch it or anything.

I had two classes tonight and they both went fairly well. However, the students were all late! The second class was more than 20 minutes late, so I wasn't able to teach the song. I did introduce the target language though and gave them some homework to do every day. I asked them to keep a weather diary for the next week. Yay me.

After work, I took my time finishing up. Fumihiko had told me that he was going to be working late tonight, so I finished my book, did the dishes, paperwork and relaxed. Then, around 9 pm I sent him an email just to check if he was still working. He phoned me back right away. He was done. In fact, he'd been done since 6 pm. Sigh. He sounded awful however. His voice was all scratchy and he said he didn't feel well. Dear oh dear. He apologized for not calling me earlier but it didn't really matter that much to me.

At home, I got busy again. Tonight was leftover night! I didn't know how it would go down with him, he's a little bit fussy about not having the same thing over again. However, it was fine. I sauteed the leftover new potatoes in some olive oil and dill, added in a little bit of carrot and mushroom from the other veggies, sliced the cold meat, heated the gravy and the veggies and made tea. Whew. He ate everything on his plate. Yay. It was rather nice to eat at home on a Thursday. Usually I don't finish teaching until 9 and then it's another hour or so until I'm done, so tonight was a treat.

I did the dishes. I was a little miffed that Fumihiko didn't even offer to do the dishes. He usually does them when I cook. I wouldn't have let him do them tonight, but it was a bit of a surprise.

We had a really quiet evening in. Hubby went to bed rather early and is now not so quiet! I'll probably go to bed soon too. I just hope that I don't get whatever it is that he has. I don't need it at all. Neither does he, come to think! But then again, he gets sick pay, I don't.

Anyway, I have to run. Talk to you tomorrow night. Night!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

It was probably better if he didn't help, he probably needs all the rest he can get so he can get well. :)

Helen said...

I don't disagree with you, it's just that he should have offered to help, and he didn't. We have a deal whereby the person who doesn't cook does the dishes....and he didn't cook. I probably wouldn't have let him, but....!