May 22, 2009 - Friday

Cloudy and rainy.

An okay day. I woke up this morning and got up. I had a horrible headache so couldn't decide if I should go back to bed and try to sleep it off. I decided not to. I got up, showered, played on my computer and watched the taped TV that I had. I watched Re:Genesis again and enjoyed it. Today David wasn't railing about the US Government, he was complaining about the Quebec situation. It's cool to watch a show that even acknowledges that Canada has a French Province. Then I watched the last episode of Wallander. Oh my gosh. It was really good, but so very depressing. It must be the whole "Swedish" thing. However, it was really good, and it reminded me why Kenneth has remained one of my favourite actors.

In the afternoon I had lunch and then headed off to my school. I made good time and set up. After that, I took a break, read the newspaper and got stuck into Twilight. Yep, I'm reading it. A good friend of mine told me that she really enjoyed it, so I'm giving it a shot. So far, so good. (The storyline so far reminds me of Roswell though. I wonder which came first?) I was drinking a cup of iced coffee while I was reading, when I opened my mouth to get a piece of ice. I didn't realize there was still quite a bit of coffee in the mug and it ended up all over my shirt. Sigh. Good thing I keep spares at the school.

When my student came, we worked on our lesson. He was really tired though, so we had to take little breaks to wake him up. At one point in the lesson I put my hand on the edge of my chair and impaled myself on something. My finger started bleeding. I thought it wasn't bad so didn't pay much attention, but then I noticed that blood was all over my hand. I grabbed a tissue and wrapped my finger up in it, but it didn't stop. My student saw I was bleeding and for some reason decided to pick a scab that he had on his arm. It started bleeding too. He put a tissue on his. Then, I asked him if he'd like a bandaid and we each got one. We put them on ourselves, so there was no exchange of blood or anything. I don't really want this student as my "blood brother"!

Fumihiko picked me up and took me to New York, New York for dinner. He's not doing well. He has a nasty cough and his voice is very strained. He was wondering if he had pneumonia, but I don't think he does. I guess it is possible.

We watched a bit of TV together and then at 1 ish I got him to put on Lost. It took a while to get it in English, but he finally managed. I'm still confused, but it's fun figuring things out.

Anyway, that's me for tonight. Hopefully we'll have a quiet day tomorrow. Hubby is not feeling well and I have a class early on, then I'm done. We'll probably stay at home in the afternoon.

Night.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

He hasn't got the swine flu has he? I think he should get checked out just in case.

Helen said...

I don't think he has the swine flu. He hasn't been anywhere recently and honestly he's feeling much better today...

Doctors in Japan scare me...I'd never send someone I love to a doctor here if they weren't about to die anyway!!!